Where can I buy ports?

Participant count
  • Participant list
are you looking for aeroports or what?If not You can build your own out of mdf (or any other wood) if you want a slotted port! If your looking for round ports pvc pipe works great

I don't think you actually need the flares, perse'.. You can always smooth the edges (that will help some) if you need to.. and I'm pretty sure it has mostly to do with the mach .. meaning that yes, if you keep the mach low enough you shouldn't need flared or smooth edges on the port..

You 'should' be able to have as many as you like.. just have to have them the right sizes for the tuning freq.. And, if they are too small, you might still get mach noise even if you have a lot of ports..

But, you should be able to have any number of ports per chamber as long as they are proper size (length/diameter)..

EDIT: Look here for WinISD.. an app that will help you design the box.. the 'alpha' of pro doesn't show box dimensions though.. but..

http://www.linearteam.dk/

Good luck..

OK......I have everything working, the holes cut out and my subs back in. I must say that vented sounds MUCH better than sealed. However, I think there may be a problem. I did not know how to figure in the port length and volume of the port etc.. into the equation. WinISD did it for me, however the PVC pipe was a diameter of 2.4 inches, with a flow area of 2 inches. Now, this factors into the equation differently in WinISD. If I have a bigger port diameter (which I calculated it for - I now have 2 2.4 inch ports that are 8.5 inches long. I fear that this may be too long - hence tuning my box lower than I wanted to, at about 32.something hertz, when I want it around 35.

1) With most rap music, what is the lowest note that is hit? Is there really any sound below 30 hertz that is conventionally played?

2) Should I start lobbing off 1 inch chunks of PVC pipe?

Now, this is where I have a new question. What if I cut each indivicual port to a different length - like if WinISD wants it to be 6.5 inches long, and I made 1 port 7 inches long, and the other 6 inches long for tuning frequencies of 33 and 35 hertz, respectively. What effect would this have on the sound quality? Has anyone ever tried this before?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.