Where can I BUY an LED clipping indicator for amplifier?

Participant count
  • Participants list

realflow100

CarAudio.com Recruit
I dont want to diy build it myself I just want to buy it from amazon or some online site. can anyone link me a good one thats accurate that accurately indicates when the amplifier is clipping so I dont have any distortion going to my subs?

and I just want a cheap simple one. not a 100$+ contraption that costs an arm and a leg. (looking at SMD distortion meter thing costs 150$. way too much for what I want to do)

Last edited by a moderator:
So my only option is to save up 150$ just to buy the SMD detector thing? I noticed my subs clip at 10hz to 30hz but not around 40hz and above. (by listening with ears or using 1 ohm resistor and 100k resistor to make a voltage divider and connect to my audio input on my pc to record the waveform then play it back on headphones to listen for clipping. since thats my only way to know if im clipping right now and I know its not the best.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.