Whats your view on Hifonic Amplifiers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

iSteven
10+ year member

I would like to know whats there view on hifonic amplifiers. I have the Hifonics BRX1200.4 Other then its a real space taker. It sounds good and i have no real problems with it (other then size). I was also thinking getting one for my sub. also there mono block. (1 channel) is actually 2 channels and i have no real idea what the hell thats about or how that works. So whats your view on hifonics?

If its like the ones Ive had its not a 2 channel amp it is a mono amp with2 sets of terminals. However if you are running 2 d4 subs you must use both sets. If running a single d2 at 1 ohm your ok with using 1 set. I learned the hard way about that. I have had good experiences with them and I know tey get bashed on here. I will tell you dont hold your breath waiting to hear back from tech support or customer service. On that I must give them a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

If its like the ones Ive had its not a 2 channel amp it is a mono amp with2 sets of terminals. However if you are running 2 d4 subs you must use both sets. If running a single d2 at 1 ohm your ok with using 1 set. I learned the hard way about that. I have had good experiences with them and I know tey get bashed on here. I will tell you dont hold your breath waiting to hear back from tech support or customer service. On that I must give them a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif
Are all of there amplifiers or atleast the BRX Series good at 1 ohm? Like it may say 1 ohm stable but would you recommend bringing it that low?

They're cheap, they work okay, and they are definitely not the worst amps out there. There are better amps though, for not a whole lot more money.

You are literally the third person today that I've seen mistake the internally bridged speaker terminals on a MONO amp for two separate channels. If you have a DVC2 subwoofer, you wire the pos & neg of each coil to their corresponding inputs on the amp it automatically bridges it to 1 ohm, instead of you wiring the sub to 1 ohm before hooking it up to the amp.

They're cheap, they work okay, and they are definitely not the worst amps out there. There are better amps though, for not a whole lot more money.
You are literally the third person today that I've seen mistake the internally bridged speaker terminals on a MONO amp for two separate channels. If you have a DVC2 subwoofer, you wire the pos & neg of each coil to their corresponding inputs on the amp it automatically bridges it to 1 ohm, instead of you wiring the sub to 1 ohm before hooking it up to the amp.
I have not actually seen any other mono amp like this before. this is the first one.

Well you proved your point right to the dome. I am fairly new to car audio. I have enjoyed it my whole life since my uncle used to have huge speakers. and later in life (now) i am going the same way. I am still learning. Atleast i know more now.

Well you proved your point right to the dome. I am fairly new to car audio. I have enjoyed it my whole life since my uncle used to have huge speakers. and later in life (now) i am going the same way. I am still learning. Atleast i know more now.
Yep, it's a feature that while I can't be sure is on every mono amp, I have yet to come across one that does not have this feature. It's also an important feature to understand because people will mistake it for two separate channels, and they'll wire their subs down too low and they'll hook up a 1 ohm load to each "channel" and it becomes internally bridge to 0.5 ohms. Best case scenario, your subs won't play, worst case you'll ruin your amp.

Yep, it's a feature that while I can't be sure is on every mono amp, I have yet to come across one that does not have this feature. It's also an important feature to understand because people will mistake it for two separate channels, and they'll wire their subs down too low and they'll hook up a 1 ohm load to each "channel" and it becomes internally bridge to 0.5 ohms. Best case scenario, your subs won't play, worst case you'll ruin your amp.
Could you name a few better amplifiers that are at good prices? Im not sure which amplifier brands are the best and what arent. JL Seems good yet its like near 600 bucks for 1000 watt rms Dont see why people even buy JL Products at those prices.

Could you name a few better amplifiers that are at good prices? Im not sure which amplifier brands are the best and what arent. JL Seems good yet its like near 600 bucks for 1000 watt rms Dont see why people even buy JL Products at those prices.
What power do you need at what ohm load?

JL, like all of the other mainstream brands, is way over priced. Not to say it's not good equipment, just not worth the money.

What power do you need at what ohm load?
JL, like all of the other mainstream brands, is way over priced. Not to say it's not good equipment, just not worth the money.
Well i have my mind set on the Sundown Audio SA-15. Its DVC 2Ohm. They are 600 RMS Each and iv been thinking about two of them. Id say. 1200 watts @ 2 Ohms. Or anything a little higher i heard being a tad higher wattage then the subwoofer could be a little good.

I would go with D4 version if you can choose that way 2 of them would be a 1 ohm load. You would be fine throwing Clean 1500-2000 at the SA-15 I always want my amp to be able to have "Headroom" I call it. I like the gains to be in the middle of range that way Im not clipping as easy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.