what's the difference between 4 ohm stereo and 4 ohm mono?

with your amp,you will get 200x2 when its bridged,which means,taking 2 of the 4 channels and making 1 large channel.1 large channel per side.usually you bridge smaller amps for subs or more to components.

50 x 4 @ 4 ohms

100 x 4 @ 2 ohms

200 X 2 at 4 ohms bridged

with your amp,you will get 200x2 when its bridged,which means,taking 2 of the 4 channels and making 1 large channel.1 large channel per side.usually you bridge smaller amps for subs or more to components.50 x 4 @ 4 ohms

100 x 4 @ 2 ohms

200 X 2 at 4 ohms bridged
the specs on my amp reads

50 x 4 @ 4 ohms STEREO

100 x 4 @ 2 ohms stereo

200 X 2 at 4 ohms bridged MONO

my question is what's the difference between 4 ohm mono and 4 ohm stereo?

Mono/monaural, means you have a single channel of audio. You can either have your left and right working separately and have stereo or you can combine those two channels for a single more powerful channel but you lose the stereo separation. On your four channel you can do this twice. So you can have 4, 3, or 2 channels.

Mono/monaural, means you have a single channel of audio. You can either have your left and right working separately and have stereo or you can combine those two channels for a single more powerful channel but you lose the stereo separation. On your four channel you can do this twice. So you can have 4, 3, or 2 channels.
what do you mean stereo separation?

anybody know the difference between 4 ohm stereo and 4 ohm mono? i am trying to bridge my amp, a diamond audio d3 400.4 and it says it will do 200.2 at 4 ohm mono but 50x4 at 4 ohm stereo.

a mono amp is 75+/- efficency while the stereo is 65+/- efficency.

thant means a mono amp will give more power than a stereo amp

Just read what I posted...
If you are running off of the factory radio (mono) the amp makes more power to compensate for a poor source. If you have an aftermarket stereo (stereo) it has a better source and doesnt need to produce as much power...
no, no, no.

a HU never dose that, but correct each have differrent SQ

A HU always dose that...
You must be describing the antenna function which will switch to mono to compensate for a weak FM signal.

Are you really under the impression that your stock radio's amplifier switches between mono and stereo based on power needs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.