What's the crapest make or head unit you have had?

my alpine 9830 has the worse display ive ever seen....alpine started using biolite right after that deck...figures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Kenwood was and for the most part still is the worst out there.

The overall look is ok, and kenwood made some really good stuff in the old days(late 70s Early 80s), but now their head units are tinny and washed out sounding.

Might as well stick an am radio in a coffee can and slap that in your dash.

Just my Opinion for what its worth

Kenwood was and for the most part still is the worst out there.
The overall look is ok, and kenwood made some really good stuff in the old days(late 70s Early 80s), but now their head units are tinny and washed out sounding.

Might as well stick an am radio in a coffee can and slap that in your dash.

Just my Opinion for what its worth
not really...excelon's are good. Panasonic and fusion get my vote for worse ever, and audiobahn and dual....way worse out there man...i can name more.

Jensen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

I thought I would try it. Took it back a week later. It was a royal POS.

Phase Linear. It had the old school manual eject on the CD and was a blistering 25x4 but I got it for a hundred bucks in 1999 when I graduated and it was a huge step up in the old 85 ford LTD Wagon

The crappiest HU I have ever personally owned was by far the Blaupunkt SQR49 Boston.

Old school dual-shaft tape deck with either the first year of Blaupunkt's "code protection" security feature or one of the first years they incorporated that particular item into their HU's circuitry.

Three identical decks in a row shorted due to a malfunction in that particular circuit which in turn fried the whole unit. The first one I got lasted about 3 months before letting out the magic smoke. The second one lasted about 6 weeks. The third and final one lasted precisely 3 days and after that one went up in a puff of rather acrid-smelling fumes when I returned to the local shop that sold it (them) to me in the first place I instructed them to remove that garbage from the dash of the land yacht I was driving at the time (my first car) and from that point forth I have never spent any $$$ on a Blaupunkt product of any kind and won't.

Audiobahn makes some shitty HUs.. I know, I used to sell them.. We had to install ground loop isolators on them so the subs wouldn't rumble.. Pure crap..

PS. I saw Beat's avatar, and it wasn't Beat's name above it.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

anything made or rebadged by audiovox (jensen, phase linear, acoustic research) as well as any of the chinese units that get rebadged in the US, which are the same as the jensens....boss, xplore, fleemarket ****.

and dual, low end jvc (and eclipse cd1000), anything sold at walmart.

the crapiest one ive ever owned? well if you dont cound the factory mustang player, then the crapiest deck ive ever owned is the premier 860mp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.