What's comparable to the Type-R.... and still in that price range?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 4K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I ordered my Type-R and the dude calls me and tells me that he doesn't have any and the ones he does have are more expensive.... but he has my credit card number!

So, I'm asking what is comparable to the Alpine Type-R? I don't have an insane amount of money. Any ideas??

Blueprint 1202 subs, they are like 3x better at half the cost.

Hx2

w3

both a little more money but hey listen to this man

I ordered two type r twelves and one came in with a hole now they say they cant replace them and want me to get something else but for the money they have nothing i want or could replace it and they said they would refund me and now they dont answer my emails and it is 65 bucks more at my audio store plus this idoit is saying that alpine doesnt even make swr series anymore bull ****ing ****!

thats what the guy told me... he said (in a heavy hispanic accent so i could barely understand him) that they didn't make the SWR-1240 anymore and it was the SWR-1241??? and that it would probably be more money..... they still advertise these subs on their site and in my opinion... if you have an online store, then you should remove items you do not have or carry from your site! If I had a store of my own, I wouldn't put something in it and let people come in and hand me their credit cards and then tell them, "sorry, that one isn't for sale, its been replaced by something more expensive so I'll hang on to your card until you pick something else out..."

I'm seriously considering the JL 12W3's even though they are more expensive... but I would really like those type-r DVC's.

Does anybody have any suggestions for something comparable in SQ and SPL? If not, do you know of a good place to buy the type-r's.... that actually has them in stock?

I work at a shop in kissimmee florida, and we are alpine dealers, and alpine has changed the subs this year, im not sure exactly what they have done to them but i think they went to a aluminum cone. a sub that would be comparable to them and be in about the same price rance is the kicker comp vr.

Do you guys take orders over the phone and ship? If so, I would be willing to buy from you if you have the Alpine's in stock.

try kove kld or idq image dynamics subs ...they a bit on the tweeker side but can bump, jl w3 are good too, but first things first ....how big of a box do you have or want? how big is your amp? what kind of car? reason i usually say kove kld is because they can get loud and sound reasonably tight yet are VERY forgiving when it comes to box size

W3s make a world of difference. No other sub imho comes even close to the SQ and sound levels that subs makes.

I drive a Honda Civic four door so space is moderate. I am more concerned with SQ than SPL but I don't want something that can't get loud. I have considered MTX 6000, JL W3, a used JL W6, or Rockford HE2 or HX2. I don't have an amp yet or a box. I would like a single 12" if possible, but am open to a 10" if someone can give me a reason to buy one.

I have a bid in on a slightly used Type-R for around $70 so i'll see if this works out... but please keep your suggestions coming!

Another factor is how easy it is to buy some of these subs. I have had the hardest time trying to find an Alpine Type-R and don't want to go through this trouble again. It makes me want to buy from BestBuy or Circuit City or Crutchfield... where I can SEE if the item is in stock!

dood i would strongly strongly suggest a kld from kove in that case. you could go 3 12's in a shared box at 2.25 cubic feet be at a 4 ohm load or 1 ohm and still have cash left over. car stereo review's woofer of the yr in 98 and ys they would still be "tight" and would prolly do mid 140's on a good amp

ps 3 10's would be good too ..even if not 3 1 would sound great hhehe i have one still in a box (unused meaning cardboard) and i used to be the indiana rep for kove so i would cut you a deal hehe. but seriously they are no joke

ok, give me a price on one 12" or two 10's... I think three would be overkill for what I am looking for... I would even settle for one 10".

Someone give me more information on the Koves!

I know just what you mean about those **** hard to get type R's. All i want is one 12 inch type r dvc to match the one that came in without a hole why do they advertise something they dont have. And what is alpine doing with the swr-1240d help anyone that can identify the problem with getting replacements. And does any online store have them or do they just advertise them to sucker you in all i know is i want my god **** sub or my money! I dont like to cuss on the net it is uncalled for but i am so pissed at just throwing away 270$ when i should of had my subs installed a long time ago i want them quick and I think good business is the cheapest price quick payment fast delivery and good condition products and it all went smooth til the good products and now the **** store sux for customer service.

I agree with that guy up there, get the blueprint 1202 series subwoofers. They cost 120+shipping and are practically w7's in sound and spl. You can't beat thoose for the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.