What you guys think, yes or no?

Ughhh...Lanzar makes some rather Shitty amps man..PersonallY i wouldnt buy it..There not clean, horrible output amplifiers(meaning they put out LESS than they say they do)..Plus if u are planning on competing, that amp isnt much for comps!! Get something else;)

Blake

Sounds - you are completely misinformed on this. Lanzar Vibe and Viberant are definitely in the "decent budget" category, but the OPTIDRIVES are right in the middle of the very nice equipment. They are significantly underrated, very "clean", and not a stranger to the competitive world. JL, Kicker, PPI, DEI -- That's where optidrive is. The prices they're going for on ebay is a complete injustice to the quality of product they are. There is a nice review of an opti 100.4 over at carsound. They're rated for 50x4, and 180x2 bridged. They tested to do 70x4 and 253x2.

Dr. - The x/o's are second to none. 24db/oct butterworths. They even have parametric equalizers. I think refurb's are more reliable than buying used. Audioblowouts is a good seller. I bought my components from him. And yes, there's not a component set out there that wouldn't reach its optimal performance off this amp.

The seller has a 7 day DOA warrenty if anything is wrong with the amp when you get it.

I would email them and see if it comes with anything that says that it was Factory Refurb.

Originally posted by SoundsUnlimited Ughhh...Lanzar makes some rather Shitty amps man..PersonallY i wouldnt buy it..There not clean, horrible output amplifiers(meaning they put out LESS than they say they do)..Plus if u are planning on competing, that amp isnt much for comps!! Get something else;)

Blake
i've taken you never played with the optidrive amps before eh?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by SoundsUnlimited Ughhh...Lanzar makes some rather Shitty amps man..PersonallY i wouldnt buy it..There not clean, horrible output amplifiers(meaning they put out LESS than they say they do)..Plus if u are planning on competing, that amp isnt much for comps!! Get something else;)

Blake
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif you would be right ......if you meant the exact opposite of what you said. the opti line is awesome , and for the price there going for on ebay they just cant be beat . like the opti 1000.1d 1000wrms for about 200 bucks ,and you can strap them together, thats 2000wrms for about 400 bucks ...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

drkodin,the 500.2 should be a great amps but might be a little power hungry ,so i would also look into the opti 1000.1d because its more efficient and you'll get a few more watts out of it too .and as for audioblowouts they are great people , i got my amp like 4 days after they receved my payment .

Originally posted by Jdg784 How stable are the opti amps at lower ohms? Like..say what would the 500.1 put out at 3.2 ohms and .8 ohms?
There is no 500.1

I know 1st hand that the a/b optis will run at 2 ohms mono with no problem, however power gained over 4 ohms shouldn't be much, and I've also read that the 1000.1D will run at 1/2 ohm with no problems as well.

everything looks good except for the warranty.. MOST refurbish items only has 90 days warranty.. that's why it's alot cheaper than new.. about the performance, you won't notice the difference between brand new and refurbish...

I bought my opti 1000.1D USED off ebay. I thought it had a noise problem so I called Lanzar about it. They serviced it with no questions asked. They seem to back up thier products very well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.