What would you pay?

emu1342

Florida
I recently can across some JLW6 v2 D4 on Craigslist. I've been wanting to replace my polks and add some more boom to my trunk. They're listed for 499, but one of the woofers has had the dust cap redone... Badly. Is it even worth my time? What would you pay?

Good sub
05b5145947c6a482dadee927668ae11b.jpg

Refinished sub

4e232a7a7406bbf4028207dac687a0b7.jpg

I wouldn't even look at those. There are much better for less money. Even new But it really depends on what you want and trying to achieve
I'm trying to achieve quality bass. I don't care too much for loudness. I think I'd have to agree though.

I've got about 1 cu ft of airspace to play with for each sub and just want something that'll sound nice. My current setup has been in existence for 5+ years and it's about time for something new

I'm trying to achieve quality bass. I don't care too much for loudness. I think I'd have to agree though.I've got about 1 cu ft of airspace to play with for each sub and just want something that'll sound nice. My current setup has been in existence for 5+ years and it's about time for something new
Mylows10 is an idiot who has nothing in mind other than pushing you towards some middle of the road garbage, that he just "happens" to sell. Jl is a fine company, and the w6 line is a GREAT driver, at a reasonable price (if you're after sq).that said, those particular subs have been abused. If the owner sets gains like he glues, those subs are lucky to even work.

That's a bit much imo, and for that much $$ I'd want both subs in good working condition.

You can find something better new in that price range.

Mylows10 is an idiot who has nothing in mind other than pushing you towards some middle of the road garbage, that he just "happens" to sell. Jl is a fine company, and the w6 line is a GREAT driver, at a reasonable price (if you're after sq).that said, those particular subs have been abused. If the owner sets gains like he glues, those subs are lucky to even work.
Hah, I'm sure JL wouldn't have their reputation of they built junk. Just thinking if I was able to snag these for 250, if it would be worth it. What would you recommend?

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

That's a bit much imo, and for that much $$ I'd want both subs in good working condition.
You can find something better new in that price range.
Well they both work, it was obviously a DIY hack job. The seller says they play how they're suppose to

1st comment is really unnecessary....he's just trying to make $$ and help us when he can and for a living.

2nd comment is prob true.

Hah, I'm sure JL wouldn't have their reputation of they built junk. Just thinking if I was able to snag these for 250, if it would be worth it. What would you recommend? 

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Well they both work, it was obviously a DIY hack job. The seller says they play how they're suppose to
wtf does that even mean?! I would stear clear of those.....obviously the seller doesn't know much about car audio let alone how to properly recone a sub.

wtf does that even mean?! I would stear clear of those.....obviously the seller doesn't know much about car audio let alone how to properly recone a sub.
Yeah, it's a weird story as it is. The subs weren't reconed. According to him, the dust cap was coming loose. This was the outcome of the repair that his friend did.

His quotes would be "...however the sub is 100% fully functional and it affects the sound not one bit it's just one is visually uglier than the other"

Yeah, it's a weird story as it is. The subs weren't reconed. According to him, the dust cap was coming loose. This was the outcome of the repair that his friend did.
His quotes would be "...however the sub is 100% fully functional and it affects the sound not one bit it's just one is visually uglier than the other"
There is no dustcap!....Basically, the type of style cone eliminates the need of a dustcap.

It's pretty obvious to me that the person that did the recone job wasn't concerned about looks as opposed to function.

I've seen many recone jobs. Some were just so professional done by people just learning the process, put something like this to shame.

Really. You might check yourself here buddy I've been installing prolly longer than you've been alive Jl is a ok sub at best. Even the w7 which is way over priced. I never said anything about selling him subs. Just that for the price there can and is better I personally would never buy subs off of Craigslist or any sub that looked like that. Op if you can get them for $300 it might be worth the risk but I'd still want to hear them play if I were you

Really. You might check yourself here buddy I've been installing prolly longer than you've been alive Jl is a ok sub at best. Even the w7 which is way over priced. I never said anything about selling him subs. Just that for the price there can and is better I personally would never buy subs off of Craigslist or any sub that looked like that. Op if you can get them for $300 it might be worth the risk but I'd still want to hear them play if I were you
Hey now, don't worry about an Internet stranger. I appreciate any advice that comes through here.

Even if the subs worked fine, I'd be a bit turned off because let's face it. No one wants to put an ugly *** sub in an enclosure most of us build ourselves. I would probably want to make it look pretty before I did that.

Hey now, don't worry about an Internet stranger. I appreciate any advice that comes through here. Even if the subs worked fine, I'd be a bit turned off because let's face it. No one wants to put an ugly *** sub in an enclosure most of us build ourselves. I would probably want to make it look pretty before I did that.

Or invert it. Just an idea.

Alright....just passing some advice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

emu1342

emu1342
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mrpep