What would you do?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dawgs007

Low-End Fanatic
Ohio
I have a 1997 Buick LeSabre with the Concert Sound II and ever since I got the car about 6mos. ago, the left front door speakers didn't work. Each door appears to have a component and tweeter. It has a cheap Dual head unit in it but I plan on putting in my Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998.

I am wondering if the non-working door speakers on drivers front side is likely due to old age or a faulty output on head unit?

IF the speakers are bad, what would you guys recommend I do considering I will be putting my Kenwood HU in? A local shop I trust the most suggested that if I change the head unit and it doesn't solve the issue, they have a nice set of Hertz 5.25" (or 6.5" I cannot recall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif ) for $150. That isn't including any sort of tweeters. They also recommended changing the rear deck speakers due to the fact that a new head unit will eventually blow them.

Their pricing:

-Hertz (lower-end) speakers $150

-$55 in installation per pair of doors

-$80 installation of Kenwood head unit

So, if I could get some other people opinions, that'd greatly help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Only way to find out if speakers are bad is to remove the door panel and look at them/test them out. My s10 the passenger side speaker would sorta work, but sounded like ****. I finally found the time to remove the door panel and the speaker had separated from the surround. So they were quite old and I replaced with with Polks.

I would do some Polk Audio. They got high reviews.

yeah a kenwood would be good upgrade mine is x301 has xovers and all kinds of sound enhancers, u can get hu installed pay like i did so u know it's done right, if speakers don't work replace speakers your self., lots of good sets for $55 (got mine on sale for $40) u can buy speakers for what they charge to install them.. think on it if u know someone that does stuff to cars see if u get them to help u replace speakers 1 day..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dawgs007

Low-End Fanatic
dawgs007
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from