What would you choose?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello guys, I want a sub and amp combo for around $300 to $400. What I am looking for is a single 10" or maybe a 12" sub and an amp. I don't want a world beater just some thing that will go along pretty well with my FACTORY speakers and HU. This will be going into an '05 Honda Civic Sedan, I would like somthing that would sound good in a very small sealed box. That being said I have went to the local shops here in town, one sells JL and the other sells Memphis. Both are overpriced in my opinion, so I am considering purchasing over the net or ebay. Maybe I buy a box over the net maybe not, I can buy one from the shops here in town if needed. I will also be getting on of the locals to install all this for me. So please take all of this into consideration of my price range. Thanks, this is my first post here, you guys have a nice site here.

Cubed

same amp but go with a Adire Audio Shiva for $150 from http://www.acoustic-visions.com ... shiva's get LOW!! and are plenty loud... plus that amp will have lots of headroom so you can turn the gains down and the amp will never even heat up... ohh remember to get the dual 8ohm...

EDIT: also watch out for the locals... if you buy any of the mentioned stuff and get it install they are going to tell you it's internet junk.... but they really have no idea... trust me...

Guys those two look like a solid choice, what type of box would be recommended for these subs? I would prefer a small sealed box, maybe a truck wedge or something a little bigger. How ever if it means getting crappy sound I will go with a bigger box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.