What with 2 kicker 12" compVRs

Participant count
  • Participant list

woodplock7
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
Hey im very new at car audio. I decieded im going to get the 12" kicker compVRs. Heres a link

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-O7PGZBTh7Dw/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=510&I=206DCVR122

But the problem is i have no idea what amp to get. I plan to have it professionally installed, but for the amp do i go with a mono channel or 2 channel. And what exactly and i looking for like what type of ohm raitings. Any recommendations of amps that would run these subs perfectly for under $200?

i was thinking something like this for a mono amp. But im not sure if its any good and will keep up with the two 12s

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14933

for a 2 channel i was thinking something like this... but also i dont know if its any good or if it will keep up

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17048

im free to any other suggestions. Thanks so much

can anyone help me please? I have no idea what to get for an amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

maybe a kicker kx650...thats what im going to run one with...well thinking about it anywaz....but u can check a kicker kx 750 or something like that...

the kx line is fairly cheap and sound pretty decent

check ebay

Ya thanks any more ideas anyone? i think i might go with the kicker kx750.1 off ebay or something. I would like more ideas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

first of all that box *****. and don't buy from crutchfield unless you need free shipping and a long warranty.

if you are set on that pre-loaded box, you should know that it only has one set of input terminals and the subs are wired to 2 ohms.

that kenwood would be a fine choice. the hifonics would also be fine, but you're "wasting" some money by getting a 1 ohm stable amp and not running it at the lowest stable load, but it would leave the door open for an upgrade in the future.

then what do you have in mind xluben because as you can probably tell im an audio noob. Im looking for atleast 2 12s with 300 watts RMS+... do you have other suggestions to get? Should i stay with kicker? or what.

and could you explain why im wasting money by getting a 1 ohm stable amp? What does this hav eto do with anything because i honestly no barely anything about amps. And when i look at the RMS raitings for the amps what do i look for? and will a 2 channel amp be better than a mono channel amp? THanks!

you could definitely get more for your money by going with a lesser known internet brand.

if you're looking to get loud off a low amount of power the CVR's are a decent option.

also, if you're a real noob, you should probably stick with a sealed box, or start looking into making a custom one. i'm sure someone would be happy to help design one, but you'd have to build it or find someone to build it for you.

also, i'd suggest learning some about car audio and doing the install yourself.

Ya i know i could probably get more money if i go with a lesser know internet brand but then i have a feeling it wont last me as long or it wont be as good as quality as the kickers.

Why stick with a sealed box? I could probably build my own custom box but i think its probably easier right now for me to buy a premade one. And ya i know i need to learn more.

I have no doubht i can do the install myself, or with my dad because he knows more than me about the whole audio scene.. but he doesnt really have the time to do it since he lives 3 hours away from me and i only see him like twice a month. So im thinking i could just get it professionally installed.

Ya i know i could probably get more money if i go with a lesser know internet brand but then i have a feeling it wont last me as long or it wont be as good as quality as the kickers.
Why stick with a sealed box? I could probably build my own custom box but i think its probably easier right now for me to buy a premade one. And ya i know i need to learn more.

I have no doubht i can do the install myself, or with my dad because he knows more than me about the whole audio scene.. but he doesnt really have the time to do it since he lives 3 hours away from me and i only see him like twice a month. So im thinking i could just get it professionally installed.
i wouldn't worry too much about the quality of these drivers. they are very beefy drivers, but won't be as 'flashy' as the kickers.

if you just buy a prefab ported box it will probably be terribly designed. i think that cvr box is about 3ft^3 tuned in the upper 40's. a lot of other boxes found online are way too small, don't have enough port area and/or are tuned way too high.

a properly designed ported box for two 12's is probably going to be pretty big and will consume most of a normal trunk.

i think having your stuff professionally installed is pretty much throwing your money away. they probably won't even set the gains correctly.

anyone else have any ideas on what to get? Subs and amp wise? Also when the sub is a 4 ohm sub what kind of amp do i have to get? what about with a 2 ohm?

and when im looking at the amps do i just divied the RMS raiting by 2 to see how much each sub is goin to get? thanks!

my budget is around no more than i would like to say 450 for everything besides the wiring... so subs/box/amp i would like the subs to atleast be 300RMS.

so bdawg you ythink i should jsut stay with the kicker 2 12cvr in the box?and when looking at amps im looking for mono amps thats are wired at 2 ohms and have to be around 800 rms at 2 ohms? so thats 400 to each sub?

ya that sub and box should be just fine, its what i plan on getting also //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

another choice for amps is the ifonics bxi1206d http://www.millionbuy.com/hifbxi1206d.html. Its 900w at 2 ohms but the subs should be able to handle it just fine, most people think kicker underrate their subs a little and u can just lower the gains some.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.