What wire harness do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrianDye
10+ year member

2013 Dodge Charger R/T
I have searched the net high and low. Apparently I'm the only one who wants an aftermarket deck in my Ford Edge!

I have seen a few basic installs but they were the basic factory systems.

I have a 2009 Ford Edge with the 6 Disc Sync radio, steering wheel controls, and factory sub. All I want is to throw a Pioneer double din in, and retain the factory sub. The wheel controls would be nice, but I'm not worried about them.

I thought I found the harness on Crutchfield for $30, but that was part of another $150 harness it went with!

Is there any way I can get a double din in this thing with my factory sub? At $180 for that "iDatalink Connec HRN-RR-FO1" I might as well go all custom and throw an aftermarket sub and amp in. (I'm not touching this radio if it takes a $180 harness!)

I appreciate any help! I've done probably 30 installs in my few years of car audio, but this has me stumped. I hate these stupid new radios! The radio is so basic and plain but it's that **** Sync that throws everything off!

I have searched the net high and low. Apparently I'm the only one who wants an aftermarket deck in my Ford Edge!
I have seen a few basic installs but they were the basic factory systems.

I have a 2009 Ford Edge with the 6 Disc Sync radio, steering wheel controls, and factory sub. All I want is to throw a Pioneer double din in, and retain the factory sub. The wheel controls would be nice, but I'm not worried about them.

I thought I found the harness on Crutchfield for $30, but that was part of another $150 harness it went with!

Is there any way I can get a double din in this thing with my factory sub? At $180 for that "iDatalink Connec HRN-RR-FO1" I might as well go all custom and throw an aftermarket sub and amp in. (I'm not touching this radio if it takes a $180 harness!)

I appreciate any help! I've done probably 30 installs in my few years of car audio, but this has me stumped. I hate these stupid new radios! The radio is so basic and plain but it's that **** Sync that throws everything off!
Most double dins allow you to use your steering wheel controls using an adapter like the idatalink. harnesses for double dins are usually more expensive than other types, the idatalink will serve as a good harness

I've installed plenty of double dins before without retaining the steering wheel controls, my point is that harness is $180...that's more than the headunit Id be getting! Why is this car so different from any other car I've installed one in, where the harness is usually $14-$25?

I guess I'll be sticking with the stock headunit forever.

I've installed plenty of double dins before without retaining the steering wheel controls, my point is that harness is $180...that's more than the headunit Id be getting! Why is this car so different from any other car I've installed one in, where the harness is usually $14-$25?
I guess I'll be sticking with the stock headunit forever.
try this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BrianDye

10+ year member
2013 Dodge Charger R/T
BrianDye
Monroe, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date