What to put in my car?

Well I'm think about getting 2 12" to put in my car, not sure exactly what to look for. I've been looking at kicker l7's, do you guys have any better suggestions for me? Looking for under $500 total.
What are your goals? SQ or SPL, or something in between?

I'm looking at SPL mostly.
And is that $500 just for the speakers?

I can personally recommend Fi subs, a fully loaded BL with options would run you a little over $300 and would slam. As for other brands check out RE, SoundStream, and AQ subs are great as well.

Would it be best to stick with the kickers? And yes, I'm looking for SPL and $500 just for the subs.
I would say look into some other SPL subs! I tried a 12" L5 ported and I hate the sound of the bass that it produces. I've been bitten by the DD bug and there is no turning back for me now:D

Jakeeck I'll look into that. And for the guys asking me if I had an amp picked out yet, I'd probably go with a kicker or something that you guys could recommend. I'm really just wondering what subs can I get that I will have 2 12" got max SPL with just the subs for $500.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.