what to get

Participant count
  • Participant list

4lowrodeo
10+ year member

I want the best boom for my buck. I have a Phoenix Gold XS2500 Amp which I used to run three 12w0's off of...sounded good.. but I want to find a new sub. preferably 12", but wouldnt care to go 10" I need help with suggestions though. Its for an older model Isuzu Rodeo. Im not worried about price, since I do only have a 500 watt amp. So let me know what you guys think I should go with.

Are you more interested in SQ or SPL?

What type of music do you listen to most?

and finally- are you wanting to run 3 subs again?

let us know and we can give you a better idea this way.

take it easy,

-zane

SQ is preferred, but I want it to "thump" too.. I listen to all types of music, but mostly rock/alternative type stuff. I want either one sub, or two. whoichever is going to sound the best with the amp that I have..

single idmax 12 ..pair of infinity perfects, pair of adire shivas, eclipse aluminum 12 aluma pros...... i would suggest 1 idmax or eclipse or 2 of the others listed i heard an alchemy today i liked it real well but isnt bump its sorta mellow with a hint of power...but it was way clean as with the idmax

thanks audiolife, I went ahead and bought 1 12" Eclipse Aluminum 88120... I hope it sounds good. Ive never listened to them before. Only things around here in utah are JL, Rockford, and Boston. never really hear too much about anything else. maybe Ill turn some heads. and onther question. I was looking into KOVE audio before, are they very good? or will this Eclipse beat them up?

Thanks for all the help

i used to be a kove rep and distributor lol ...kld sounds very good less excursion than the eclipse......the armos are louder but dont sound as good....i dont like eclipse that well either but its not a sq reason...kove overall is pretty sweet your woofer should do quite well just pay attention to details such as the box...i woulda picked the idmax but thats me....wont dog you you had a gut feeling and that gut feeling is what makes us all different

I needed something with an RMS around 500w. isnt the RMS for a IDMAX 1000w? also the $200 I paid for the eclipse beat the $400 for an IDMAX. Id go all out and buy everything I saw if my credit card wasnt already maxed out. **** gut feelings..!

and the only problem with KOVE was the seller that was around here is a TOTAL jackass. I wouldnt buy from him. maybe thats why he ran out of business... or else I would have bought one of them months ago. but hopefully Ill be pleased with this eclipse. if not Ill sell it to one of the neighborhood kids!

yeah the IDMAX would have been a better choice. in my opinion the best sub out there period. i've heard a lot of other subs but nothing compares to the IDMAX in my opinion. those eclipses are good but i don't like aluminum cones b/c they ping sometimes when they hit. but still a good choice.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

4lowrodeo

10+ year member
4lowrodeo
American Fork, UT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from