What to get? ($100-$350)

not sure what head unit to get. I would spend up to $350 on a head unit.
I have both an alpine 9887, and a pioneer 9800bt with the ib200 if you are interested.........more likely than not the best ones in this price range.

Most HU's provide around 15watts per channel. So no you can not power a sub with just the HU's internal amp. U can power door speakers but even that is kinda cloudy as 15watts is not alot of power for any type of speaker.

$350 is awfully close the MSRP of the upcoming new Pioneer DEH-80PRS. NOTHING can come close to it except for used gear, add or subtract a $200 or so, in terms of features:

* 3-way active crossover

* 14 band equalizer _for each side_

* time alignment

* Automatic tuning for the above

* High voltage output

* Bluetooth support

Ik I can't power the subs or speakers with the hu. I stated my #5 statment^ when I was in class at school. So I didn't really have to long to type it out, kinda have to think fast. What I meant was to run the hu with the amp which then to the sub. sry bout dat bruh

I really don't know a whole lot about pioneer at all. My friend just recently got one of their hu. The one reason that I don't know if I trust them is because they sell some at wal-mart. But I don't really know a whole lot about them. =P just sayin . . . whats your experiences which them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Sketchup

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Sketchup
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date