What to get? 10, 12 and what kind?

Originally posted by Primetime I have 200 wattS and am wondering what single sub would be best for a 60/40 SQ sub. I will have a custom box built that will be sealed and no bigger than 1.5 cubes.

Thanks in advance.

D
I have an Elemental e10a that is great for SQ and also packs a punch. 2 hours of play...75 bucks.

i'll say go for 10 if u r more interested in SQ. there r some nice 10s dat can hit hard, but that can also have very nice SQ. someone should tell u more specific.

how much u willin to spend?

anyone else?

what are those ED? mainly SQ or SPL? How big of a box do they need? and will 200 watts do them justice?

D

those are the old A series right dustin?? i know i'm going to be ordering my pair of e12a's as soon as i get the 502 somethin after shipping for the pair. gonna run them with 700rms a piece but yeah 200watts of good clean power will do them justice. also if you have 400 to spend on the sup, why not spend like 250 on an amp then get a 12" Shiva that is 125?? that way you'd get a lot more bang and match up a 600watt amp at 4ohm mono to that single shiva and be happy.

adam

Adire Audio makes the Shiva. it is a dual 8ohm subwoofer that can handle 400-600rms. so i would suggest a shive at 125 order from jlaine off this sight and no shipping charges will be billed. then you have lets say 200 for the amp. i am not the best on amp choices but look at like a pioneer premier amp someone on another post said they put out around 400 and can be had for 200.

adam

I wanna stick with the amp I have. anyone else have any suggestions? ID? JL? or anything else... Remember 60/40 SQ and must be good at only 200 watts

D

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer i would suggest a shive at 125 order from jlaine off this sight and no shipping charges will be billed.
does it come with warranty because you can get the same price at ampmanaudio.com. not to mention its 2 day shipping also.

Originally posted by roots7 From what I hear, alumapro's are the best with low wattage. See if you can find an alchemy on ebay. Small box size too.
havent seen an alumapro around here in awhile. one of the local shops used to carry them and then they just stopped one day. they were decent subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.