What to do?

tCbass
10+ year member

AR
So a buddy of mine found this box, its made for a 15 but mine wont fit in it unless I invert it...Think its possible to make the circle a little larger? If it is, how would I go about doing it?

photo.jpg

How much bigger?... could use sand paper or a wood file.

if you need like another 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch all around I would use a jig saw or router to just make a new cut, if you're good with tools and can cut a steady line.

you probably wouldn't want to invert it with the small hole as the surround would be likely to rub on the wood.

Take a jig saw to it and just cut out a little bit of it. Or if you have a router and a steady hand you could try free handing it though I don't suggest it lol

How much bigger?... could use sand paper or a wood file.
if you need like another 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch all around I would use a jig saw or router to just make a new cut, if you're good with tools and can cut a steady line.

you probably wouldn't want to invert it with the small hole as the surround would be likely to rub on the wood.
I was thinking of this too but you could potentially use a round over bit on the edge to at least curve it down a bit. You would just have to make sure your sub is sealed tight

I was thinking of this too but you could potentially use a round over bit on the edge to at least curve it down a bit. You would just have to make sure your sub is sealed tight
true.. thats a good call with at least a round over router bit or something. I would just be worried cause it doesn't fit one way, it probably shouldn't fit inverted... without modification.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yeah I inverted it and tried it out...sounds like its leaking air and it sounds kinda funky too...oh man Im going to measure it and see the CF and tuning..

and for any decent 15 that box is no where sturdy enough imo. Would be/sound much better if you built a real box
Yeah I can tell...lol Its about 3.19 cubes tuned at 38.35hz when I put everything into Torres Box Calculator..

I just found it...i hope to build my own in a week or so.

Yeah I can tell...lol Its about 3.19 cubes tuned at 38.35hz when I put everything into Torres Box Calculator..
I just found it...i hope to build my own in a week or so.
haha not a bad 'find' then, you dumpster diving? lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

3.19 cubes isn't too bad at all, 38hz isn't bad either, but if the box is leaking and flexing it's just not gonna sound good.

haha not a bad 'find' then, you dumpster diving? lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
3.19 cubes isn't too bad at all, 38hz isn't bad either, but if the box is leaking and flexing it's just not gonna sound good.
haha yeah the dimensions sound good but this is a huge problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

photo1.jpg

haha, hot damn that is a little ways off isn't it.

you'd probably be way better off just building a new box man, especially if this one leaks from the seams haha.

But if you're just gonna use it till you get a chance to build a new one like you said, it should "work"

haha, hot damn that is a little ways off isn't it.
you'd probably be way better off just building a new box man, especially if this one leaks from the seams haha.

But if you're just gonna use it till you get a chance to build a new one like you said, it should "work"
haha i have her inverted now....and i lined the basket or whatever its called with rope caulk...it has helped tremendously.

and I have another box at a buddies but its 2.5 cf tuned at 44hz..i kind of hate it.

haha i have her inverted now....and i lined the basket or whatever its called with rope caulk...it has helped tremendously. and I have another box at a buddies but its 2.5 cf tuned at 44hz..i kind of hate it.
Yea man, this box has bad ass racing stripes too lol 2.5 cubes is rather small for a 15, what sub are you running?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tCbass

10+ year member
tCbass
AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from