smullen
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
St. Louis
WHat the heck exactly is SQL???

I mean i have heard of:

SPL= Sound Preasure Level

SQ= Sound Quality

I'm gonna guess its SQL=Sound Quality Level, but is that the same as SQ???

or the same + an emphasis on Sound Presure?

are there Comps for this?

SQL is the abbreviation for what people think some woofers can do ... sound good, and get loud. So you're right.

And no, there aren't any comps for SQL ... rather, SPL and SQ seperate - there sometimes is an SPL factor in SQ comps to gain you some points.

- Steve

SQL is the abbreviation for what people think some woofers can do ... sound good, and get loud. So you're right.
And no, there aren't any comps for SQL ... rather, SPL and SQ seperate - there sometimes is an SPL factor in SQ comps to gain you some points.

- Steve
I don't think this counts as an official comp but tweeter holds the S.L.A.P. competitions around the country and one of there classes the SQL. Not only is the point of the comp to get loud but it should sound good doing so. It seem to be geered for daily driver setups. It the only comp I seen with it however.

SQL is short for Structured Query Language, and is the common interface language used for databases.... oh... wait, different acronym. :tomatofac
SELECT AUDIO FROM MY_SYSTEM

WHERE QUALITY = 'HIGH'

AND POWER = 'MAX';

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

I don't think this counts as an official comp but tweeter holds the S.L.A.P. competitions around the country and one of there classes the SQL. Not only is the point of the comp to get loud but it should sound good doing so. It seem to be geered for daily driver setups. It the only comp I seen with it however.
Yeah, they do have that. Waste of time IMO.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.