what subs do you think I should get? Help Quick! b4 I get audiobahn stuff lol

91explorerV6
10+ year member

New York
so heres the deal after hearing many many bad things about audiobahn subwoofers Ive decided to go with something else like(ill be getting 2 of whatever I decide on)

1.)SPL SPLW15 15" Subwoofer 2800 Watts peak 1400 watts RMS

2.)Power Acoustik MOFO-15 15" Subwoofer-2600 Watts Peak unsure of RMS

3.)Cerwin Vega VMX15SVC 15" SingleVoice Coil Subwoofer 1000 watts peak 400RMS

4.) Kicker Solo-Baric L5 S15L5-4 15" 4ohms 1500 watts peak 750 watts RMS

Ok so heres what I want

1.) Chest shaking ear rattling bass that sounds decent

2.) I wanna set car alarms off in parking lots and shake the car next to me at the light

3.) The main thing is I wanna be the loudest system on the block

so with that said which of the 4 subs will best do the job for what I want

and also with the subs you pick what kind of box do you think they would

sound the loudest hardest hitting in?

just as a note: clarity and sound quality arent the most important things to me with

this system main goal set off some car alarms :-D

Id really rather just hear your opinion on these 4 subs if you think all four **** which one ***** the least? id dont really need to hear personal favorites

so let me know what you think Peace!

Well I can say the Kicer Solo-barics and the MOFO will totaly warp your bass. They make everything sound like sludge, but they are both loud. I think the best thing you have there is the Cerwin Vega, but I have never actually heard a 15 in a ported box so I can't say how good they sound when they are set up to be loud. I think the advice you will get on this board will be:

XXX 15

D2 15

Brahma 15

Ed A 15

RF Hx2 15

Type R 15

I think the best one for your set up would be the Hx2, its made to get really loud and handles a good ammount of power, and its prolly the cheapest there. If you're absolutely stuck on the list you posted, I would say Cerwin Vega if you care about SQ at all, if not get the Solobaric L7. What ever you get, make it a 15, and put it in a big (more than 4 cu.ft.) ported box, and hook up at least 750wrms to it. Then save up a bunch of money for paying noise violations.

If you have never heard a 15 in a ported then how do you know they will sound like sludge? or have u even heard a kicker L5??

Go with the kicker L5. They dont sound like "Sludge" and in the right install they sound very nice and verrry loud. I reccomend the L7 if you have the extra bucks thats what i have and it has never sounded like sludge my my ported enclosure

If you have never heard a 15 in a ported then how do you know they will sound like sludge? or have u even heard a kicker L5??
Go with the kicker L5. They dont sound like "Sludge" and in the right install they sound very nice and verrry loud. I reccomend the L7 if you have the extra bucks thats what i have and it has never sounded like sludge my my ported enclosure
Ok smart one, I was talking about the cerwin vega when I said I haven't heart the 15 in a ported box. I have heard L7s in sealed and ported enclosures and they dont have accurate bass reproduction at all. The L5 cant possibly be any better.

if ur goal is to set off car alarms why dont u just kick the car? Im pretty sure subs werent made to do that.

the l5's are good subs. the other 3 u mention are crap.

how much do u have to spend on all this.

My truck is a 1991 Ford Explorer 4 door

But I want a box that I can buy I dont want to build a box

done it twice very satisfied but I wanna see If i'd like a pre made box better I also I dont mind it it takes up half the cargo space if its gonna be louder im puttin in a false floor with plexi glass windows to show off my amps though so if I could keep it to half or less that would be good

so the kickers are the best whats the second best?

I have never heard anything good from the local guys that have had them

Ok so heres what I want

1.) Chest shaking ear rattling bass that sounds decent

2.) I wanna set car alarms off in parking lots and shake the car next to me at the light

3.) The main thing is I wanna be the loudest system on the block

this system main goal set off some car alarms :-D

QUOTE]

heres what i want:

1) sell everything you have to buy an army of w7s from good guys and have them install it for you in bandpass prefabs. dont forget to tip generously.

2) get a fat ticket for sound pollution on your way home and permenantly lose your hearing.

3) set off a neighbors car alarm right as he leaves his car ensuring that he sees you.

4) get your **** stolen; not just the equipment but the car too. apparently due to your recent affliction with hearing imparity you will not be able to hear the loud noises of your car getting jacked. oh, but your neighbors will, they just wont care.

all in one day! dont forget to take pics!!!

kicker cr03/L7

cerwin vega: vmax/HED

the problem w/this forum is that many people are bias about other equipment, seems they don't anything else except XXX, BAH, etc

starting to think where these people are from

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.