What speakers should I buy?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi guys,

I tried to post my set up here, but apparently it has too many links in it, since I have only just started.

So I will repost and remove the hyperlinks however you may have to google the hardware I have - please dont let this deter you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hi there,

At the risk of posting a thread with a title that has probably been done many, many times before, I have done it anyways!

So.

I have a 2002 model Subaru Impreza WRX (the bug eye ones that no one likes =)

It also has a Sony CDX-GT270 head unit leading to this;

Alpine MRP-M450

and this is connected to it;

Sony XS-GTX120L (1000w peak, 300w RMS 12" svc sub)

I also have this which is not currently in the car;

Alpine MRP-F250

So I don't really know much about car audio, but basically I want to buy some speakers to run off my 4 channel amp. I am hoping that I can spend a few hundred bucks tops and have something pretty reasonable.

My perception after some research so far is that my head unit only has a switchable preout. So I'm guessing that if I use my 4 channel amp, I can connect the sub amp to that however I will lose subcontrol from the head unit, is this correct? No big deal anyways...

So basically, I have been looking online and people are saying these elusive "Precision Response Kevlar" speakers are what I want to get, however they seem to be discontinued now.

I have been looking on the Ryda.com.au site;

but being a novice, I'm just looking at known (to me, anyway) brands with the highest RMS.

(I've been told 6.5" splits is what I want for the front, not sure about the back...)

So guys, what would you recommend I do?

Cheers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.