What size amp do I need for two 12" Kenwood KFC-W3012 subs?

Arcenist

I currently have two 12" Kenwood KFC-W3012 subwoofers that are single 4ohm each. They can handle 1200W max power and have a 400W rms. I want to find a seperate amp to run to each sub and can handle at least 1000W of power. Any help on choosing a good amp?

Honestly, IMO With Kenwood's I would stick to their RMS power.. they are good budget subs.. indeed.. better than the o-cheapo's but I would not put more than RMS power to them.. and make sure they are in a good box meeting the sub's specifications and if ported.. is tuned to manf. spec..

Why do they put a max output on them then? I figured you could go above the rms and at least below the max. Yet I am still a beginner at all this so I dont know much.

Why do they put a max output on them then? I figured you could go above the rms and at least below the max. Yet I am still a beginner at all this so I dont know much.
Just go w/ rms. Max power is what it can handle for around 1/10th of a second every so often. You need an amp that will do 800rms @ 2 ohms.

Thanks Xanthous. I did a little more research to figure out about wiring to a mono amp and all that. I'm gonna go with you experienced guys' choice. What's a good brand amp to use? I found a Lanzar VCT2010 800 watt 2-Channel but don't know if it's good.

personally I'd spring for a aq1200 or nine.1, that way it'll still do the 800 at 2 ohms but you'll also have room for upgrades bc eventually you will prolly want to go louder.

and yea I know what you mean. I've been trying to find a place to get my ish metered for a long time but can't. guess it just isn't that big here

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.