What router to get?

That is a Bosch 1617EVSPK rebadged at Craftsman. You can get the Bosch version refurbed for $150-$160, from Tool King, Amazon, etc...

If you are going to have to wait, then save some money.

always porter cable or dewalt plunge routers - never any less. anything else might seem like a good deal until it seizes up on you and you wish you would have gotten a nice router. i went through three craftsman's under normal use before switching to porter cable. save yourself the stress

Yeah, Craftsman ain't all its cracked up to be. I broke off the head of the blade tightening screw on my Craftsman jigsaw (it wasn't a hardened set screw, cheap*sses). I called Sears up and they said I had to pay to send it in to some location for $70.

No thanks...

always porter cable or dewalt plunge routers - never any less. anything else might seem like a good deal until it seizes up on you and you wish you would have gotten a nice router. i went through three craftsman's under normal use before switching to porter cable. save yourself the stress
I agree - for what's likely a local source try the PC 694 series at Lowes, 2-1/4 HP, fixed & plunge base; AND for a few bucks more you can pick up a wrench to adjust bit height from above the table - a VERY nice thing to have if you ever think you're gonna use a router table

I got a Craftsman plunge/fixed base router for christmas.

I have yet to use it since i dont have any bits.

I turned it on, its LOUD. But it also blows air downward so your bit/wood wont get all gummed up with sawdust. Its a nice feature, just makes the router louder though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.