What Ohms Are at My Amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kb1688

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kentucky
I posted another thread about why my subs blew and thanks for the answer. I'm including a picture I drew of how my subs are wired to my amp. I have them in separate compartments in a box and have 4 ports for my speaker wire on my amp. My warranty company said the way I have I wired takes my dual
l coil 2 ohm subs down to .5 ohms at the amp which it doesn't support which caused the subs to blow. I was seeing if someone could tell me what ohms are at the amp based on my picture and if someone can tell me how it should've been wired different so that 1 ohm is at the amp which it is made for. Thank you for any help.

I posted another thread about why my subs blew and thanks for the answer. I'm including a picture I drew of how my subs are wired to my amp. I have them in separate compartments in a box and have 4 ports for my speaker wire on my amp. My warranty company said the way I have I wired takes my dualView attachment 39814l coil 2 ohm subs down to .5 ohms at the amp which it doesn't support which caused the subs to blow. I was seeing if someone could tell me what ohms are at the amp based on my picture and if someone can tell me how it should've been wired different so that 1 ohm is at the amp which it is made for. Thank you for any help.
Looks like 1 ohm to me. If those subs are Dual 4 ohm coils then each sub is at 2 ohms... the amp will see 1 ohm. Mine is wired like this too.

Then you are at .5ohm No good.
Is this the correct way to wire the amp then with the positive and negative cables coming from the box connector going to opposite sides of the sub rather than the same side? And on the amp at the bottom does a certain positive and negative port go to a specific box connector or its good as long as positives go to positives and negatives to negatives?

Is this the correct way to wire the amp then with the positive and negative cables coming from the box connector going to opposite sides of the sub rather than the same side? And on the amp at the bottom does a certain positive and negative port go to a specific box connector or its good as long as positives go to positives and negatives to negatives?
View attachment 39815View attachment 39816
There are many ways to wire the subs and amp. Your amp is 1 channel. Both positive on the amp are connected inside the amp, the same for the negative terminals. They are like that to give you more options for wiring. You don't even have to use all the terminals... you can use just one positive and one negative and leave the other two unused. You are going to have to wire each sub to 4 ohms final load then wire the two subs together to bring both subs back down to 2 ohms at the amp. I sent you a link in a previous response.

You should have bought Dual 4 ohm subwoofers. When sending them back ask them to send you Dual 4 ohm subwoofers instead. Running that amplifier at 0.5 ohm is not good and put too much power to those subwoofers. Or run it at the 2 ohm in option #2 like the one in the link below.

Also you need to reset the settings on your amplifier. Check out 12volt for the voltage settings, use a 40hz test tone, have the eq on your head unit at flat, volume at 75% and bass knob all the way up. Use a DMM to set the voltage on the amplifier. Lot's of videos out there on how to do it.

use the 3rd one down all the way on the right. So for 2 ohms it is 1,200 watts and the voltage would be 49.9. If it is 1 ohm it would be 2,000 watts at 1 ohm equals 44.7 voltage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...