WHAT??! MY RSD's crapped out

Not to be a dick, but what were you guys expecting with $100 speakers.

Also, if you are saying its too late b/c the tweeters are blown, why are you even bothering asking about it?
Have you ever heard them before?

I have had mucho componets, from very expensive to dirt cheap and these sound and perform like a much pricer set. One of my favorite sets thus far, besides my Focals I had from years ago or my JL's.

Yes. A friend of mine ordered them. They sounded like $90 comps.

I know that sounds like an ******* thing to say, but it's the truth.

*shrugs*

Not to be a dick, but what were you guys expecting with $100 speakers.

Also, if you are saying its too late b/c the tweeters are blown, why are you even bothering asking about it?
Reading comprehesion FTW!!

There is something that caused them to blow and the same thing would have happened with your OMFG MILLLLONDOLLAMIDS if you were in his shoes. Either way he should be covered under warranty but he wants help finding the source of the problem so it dosnt happen again.

P.S. You can crawl back under your rock now or go redeem yourself and go free the Monkey. The choice is yours..Flame on

Reading comprehesion FTW!!
There is something that caused them to blow and the same thing would have happened with your OMFG MILLLLONDOLLAMIDS if you were in his shoes. Either way he should be covered under warranty but he wants help finding the source of the problem so it dosnt happen again.

P.S. You can crawl back under your rock now or go redeem yourself and go free the Monkey. The choice is yours..Flame on
wtf are you talking about?

At least me and envengineer can read.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

*just saw your sig... I understand why you got pissed*

FWIW, my midrange & tweets together cost me $180... and as a matter of fact, those are not even in my car anymore. So much for "milliondollamids" or whatever tf you just posted.

Quit getting pissed because I made a comment about your speakers.

No, that is not the truth, that is your opinion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
It's a truthful opinion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Jesus, why are you guys jumping down my throat for a TRUTHFUL comment I made about their COST. THE COST... THE COST (for those who can't read).

Did I say anything about the sound until you asked me? NO.

Hook up an ipod as the input to your amp. Don't go through the head unit. Just use a 1/8th to RCA cable and use the headphone output on the ipod. Start at zero volume and move the volume up. If it sounds fine you know you've got a problem ahead of the amp, in either the head unit or the interconnects. If it doesn't work, you know you've got a problem downstream of the amp, but you haven't ruled out additional problems at the headunit.
Simple test, only thing you have to do is pop the RCAs out of the amp instead of dicking around disconnecting everything. Make sure your headunit is on so the amp sees the remote turn on signal.
This is exactly the same thing I was going to recommend.

If you're certain the tweeters are fried, then don't worry about the x-overs. But the point being made is that if you aren't SURE, then don't do this w/o x-overs, otherwise you're guaranteed to blow the tweeter.

Dont get me wrong, Im not pissed at all. I like my PG's and they sound good to me. I just think your a little DEE dEE dEE for for your last comment. Who cares if you like em or not just help the poor guy out. He has no sounds. Now you and your "envengineer" go practice your spelling.

* Kisses*

This is exactly the same thing I was going to recommend.

If you're certain the tweeters are fried, then don't worry about the x-overs. But the point being made is that if you aren't SURE, then don't do this w/o x-overs, otherwise you're guaranteed to blow the tweeter.
Ahh good man... redemption....flame off

It's not possible for both sides to fail at at the same time. I would start back with the amp as suggested and then to the HU. You have a signal source problem.

It's a truthful opinion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Jesus, why are you guys jumping down my throat for a TRUTHFUL comment I made about their COST. THE COST... THE COST (for those who can't read).

Did I say anything about the sound until you asked me? NO.
It's only truthful to you, but to us is nothing more than an opinion. Like I have said, I have been through so many componets and I ususally don't by into hyped up equipment, but I decided, what the hell.

Also, I only spent 75 on mine. So I guess mine sound like 75 bucks? When I perferr them over my 300 dollar MB Q series or my 200 dollar plus Alpine type X's and sound almost as good as my 400 dollar set of Focal's.

Go fly a kite!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RipDaJacka

Banned
RipDaJacka
D-Y Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from