What kind of male plug is this?

danteBirosel
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
dsc070440mp.jpg

dsc070427pu.jpg

This was connected to my Factory VHS and i removed it and want to replace it with a PS2, what is this plug and what the use for it?

-Dante

Thunderbird likely hit it dead on - probably it carried power, left and right channels' audio, etc etc etc for the OEM setup. I cannot see that you'd be able to re-use it for anything, though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I have a spare male 8-pin sitting in my garage if you need it. My stock Nissan HU AUX IN used that from a CD changer.

If anyone wants it, just pay shipping.

Sweet thanks a lot bro! That helped a lot. Now that I think about it, I guess the flip down monitor has its own harness. Ill need to find a converter for that.

Thunderbird likely hit it dead on - probably it carried power, left and right channels' audio, etc etc etc for the OEM setup. I cannot see that you'd be able to re-use it for anything, though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
i know i am just a god at pointing out the obvious. but i only know it kuz it is just like my CeNet cable and like alpines, and any other data cable that the companys use

i know i am just a god at pointing out the obvious. but i only know it kuz it is just like my CeNet cable and like alpines, and any other data cable that the companys use
My initial reaction to it the 1st time I opened this thead was that it looked like the DIN cable that ran the Kenwood 10-disc changer I used to have but that's a 13-pin, not an 8.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.