What is this box tuned to?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by RMKrider1 Hey nova man? Did you try his measurements with your program? Just curious cause I'm not sure I trust winisd pro anymore! Just wondering if you came up with the same numbers I did?
I need the T'S params for the Type-R, I don't feel like finding them though...got a link?

thanks for the help. What does 45Hz sound like way too high just for max SPL in competition? Just wondering. What is the definition of daily driving? Why dont many people have their boxes tuned to around 45Hz?

Usually for SPL, you want to tune the box a little under the car's resonant frequency, this will give the best #'s...but won't sound good at all on the low end...

I got 33 Hz...

BUT..did you take into account the thickness of the wood?

If it's 3/4" thick, the box is only 1.33 cubes....

which makes your box tuned to 39 Hz...

I didnt take into account the thickness of the wood it is 3/4". So its 39Hz. Is that pretty good or is there a way I could tune it to hit lower end? See I noticed that a friends Audiobahn 10's in a bandpass went lower than most 12's even some 10's. Is it because it has a lower free air Frequency response? I just want lower bass. Something that will make my nose move, More. Would another 12 in the same box make that happen?

Personally I think 35 hz is too low for most rap. I listen to alot of rap and while some songs hit hard most don't most of the rap song that i heard seem to have beat burst at maybe 38 or 45 hz. Now don't get me wrong there are some songs that hit REALLY hard in a low tuned box but for most rap i would go slightly higher end. If you want to hear really low end bass i would do like i did and tune my box to 25hz and pop in some bass mekanik cd's. But that's just what i did. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I tuned my box earlier today to 33Hz, it was sitting at 39Hz. I noticed a lot of difference between the two. I have to disagree with you that rap hits harder at higher Hz. My sub now picks up those really low notes that I like. I guess its just a matter of taste. At least now I know what to do to tune it right.

I was surprised how easy it actually was to make that much of a change in the sound. I just took the port wall from my other box that is exactly the same and nailed and sealed it to my other box. I could have tuned it to 27Hz but I wasnt sure how it would sound. Alpine does pick up those low notes.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.