pictars of the new box

Namtaru
10+ year member

Just got done building my new 10" L7 box for my Blazer..

i'll post the rest of the pics in the "truck and suv installs" forum after i get my amp

L7%20box1.JPG

L7%20box2.JPG

L7%20box3.JPG

L7%20box4.JPG

Awesome looking box man..But you need to put some more screws on that side w/out very many..That will rattle because it will be weaker than the rest. Other than that, nice job dude!

Originally posted by crhye250r Awesome looking box man..But you need to put some more screws on that side w/out very many..That will rattle because it will be weaker than the rest. Other than that, nice job dude!
rofl...i just noticed that.....musta been cuz it was late last night.....oh well

thx

first off screws dont hold the box together, if you glue correctly thats what holds, screws just clamp while it drys.....secondly....why the hell did you use particle board? not smart, espcially with an l7.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

dun worry nam.... did good job... you are supposed to use 3/4" MDF, whatever that other guy is talking about idk... hope ya like the finished product w/ sub in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you did a good job on that box. the wood does look like particle board and not mdf. mdf is about the same as prticle board, only the particles are smaller, making the wood denser.

bracing?? is there any on that baffle? i dont see any screws through it. Thats a fairly large box I would have gone 1" MDF or put some extra bracing on that baffle. You do not want the box to flex, so do all you can to prevent it. use thicker wood or brace the crap outta it.

if possible i would mount a 2x2 mid way on that baffle (midway between the sub and edge of the box)

yeah --it just looks like particle board....are you sure thats mdf and not straight up particle board? you did a nice job anyways, mabey the pic just makes it look different but i have never seen mdf that looks like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.