What is the difference between sub sizes

iown3000GT
10+ year member

Dallas
Sorry if this question is already asked if so i couldnt find it so someone please direct me to the right link ,but if it hasnt already been asked then i was wondering what a difference between a 8inch sub and a 15inch sub?does a 15inch have more bang?

Sorry if this question is already asked if so i couldnt find it so someone please direct me to the right link ,but if it hasnt already been asked then i was wondering what a difference between a 8inch sub and a 15inch sub?does a 15inch have more bang?
a 15 will produce more of a boom and can hurt you when it pounds. an 8 inch sub cant. like you said the 15 has more bang pretty much

a 15 will produce more of a boom and can hurt you when it pounds. an 8 inch sub cant. like you said the 15 has more bang pretty much
So if people buy subs for the boom then why do some people end up getting smaller subs?They cant afford a big one or something?

Your phunny

Depends on what you mean by *hurt* anyway... I've seen dd 8"s do 150's

My DD 1008a's tore my car up, so I don't see why you think 15's give you more bang... I had a 15" RE SR with 800WRMS to it, and it didn't sound anything like my DD subs.

Not true. I had 2 8's that put 12"s to shame, and could still pick up the lows.

Main differance is cone area. With a greater cone area you need less power to get equally as loud. Larger subs also get lower a little easier, but that is not to say you cant get 8s to drop low. Alot of people choose subs bassed on what they can fit and what they want to run. I have ran a sub of every size except a 10". I will tell you, the box deisgn effects the sub way more then the size.

its all in the air displaced 4 8s will displace more air than 1 15 of the same brand and line, however the 8s will generally have a faster center time which means a less distorted sound and cleaner bass

edit: it also depends a lot on your type of box

Ur mistaken bro.some ppl Have loud signle 8" systems, soMe are louder than 15s. 15s can get louder and take more power but 8s can still get loud. Some say 15s can get lower but I dunno if that's correct.

Ur mistaken bro.some ppl Have loud signle 8" systems, soMe are louder than 15s. 15s can get louder and take more power but 8s can still get loud. Some say 15s can get lower but I dunno if that's correct.
dont you think that mostly depends on what the box is tuned to..

Any pics or more info on your settup? Not doubting you, just curious
three 8w7s in a big old box w 2 kinetik 1400s 2 runs of 0 gauge tuned around 48 hertz facing back w 2 4inch aero ports.. powered by a planet audio apocolypse. normally run street beat 1. metered on the floor. u can check out my score on usaci, wasnt my best run but oh well..

I may be missing something but i dont think he means 8-18"of different type and brand . I think he means 8,10,12,15,18,21 of same brand rms type on same setup just different size and recomended manufactures spec box. what is the difference inthe sound and why gobig . and no i dont think anyone can say that it is the same .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.