What is the difference between Power and Punch?

Originally posted by SuckMikeHawk23 the color of the amp, an rca output on the power series, bigger gauge wire acceptance on the power series, and a 24db/octave vs a 12db/octave x/o.
ding ding ding... he's a winner... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

there is NO difference in the output, or build quality of the amps... They use the same PC board.. same power supply, and same output stage... this is how RF saves money.. They add a better x-over, make the terminals bigger, and repaint it, and charge you more money...

Loyd L.

pop the case open one time on them...

Loyd L.
Hi Loyd! Long time no talk! LoL!

I just rebuilt the entire power supply and half the output side of a smoked power 800a2 I just picked up....was wondering how the two lines stacked up (havent been inside the punch 800a2 yet.) Disappointing they didn't do much between the two....

Funny how times have changed and amps we thought were pretty beefy back in the dat are kinda small these days. LoL

Last edited:
Sorry guys this is a 21 year old thread. Hence the original punch and power referred to here was the old school stuff.

I haven't opened the case on any of the new stuff to repair yet.

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...