What is the Biggest and Loudest 12" subwoofer for rock music only?

I havent purchased it yet but i have been eyeing the audioque 2200. And if i were to buy that it would leave me with about 350 for a sub. but i dont want to choose everything just yet because im open to any suggestions. As for as box space is concerned i could fit 2 18s in the back if i wanted so thats not a problem.

I havent purchased it yet but i have been eyeing the audioque 2200. And if i were to buy that it would leave me with about 350 for a sub. but i dont want to choose everything just yet because im open to any suggestions. As for as box space is concerned i could fit 2 18s in the back if i wanted so thats not a problem.

anything better than an orion hcca ? i've never heard em but just read they're the greatest thing out there. you can get find em on amazon for around 350
Orion HCCA's are the biggest turd in the world, which comming in second and third is the T2 and the MTX 9500. Pure overpriced crap.

Original poster should look into

FI Q

Mach 5 audio SPL 12

Audioque HDC

all good priced, and easy / cheap to recone.

I recomend something like what I got. T5-12. it does awesome with all music I trow at is and it too is cheap to recone. Kits are $25 per sub.

I listen to LOTS of metal...

you could build your own????

I am personally a fan of that, get you a good motor/basket and send it to PSI. When he asks you what youre going to do with it, tell him. Some good stiff spiders would help you.

But seriously Ive run a few different custom 12s from PSI and they play nice. Also hit 143.2 with one the other day.

No one ever asks for a loud sub for classical music only, why not?

There isn't a 12" sub that's made specifically for any types of music unless you get into professional audio and have to configure open-field sound systems tailored for each artists and different audiences, so if you want that kick drum in your chest sort of bass then I would go with an Eminence lab 12.

For $350, you could pick up a nice TC-Sounds TC3000 for around $300. There's also a lot of of Eclipse SW9122's and SW9152's on eBay - TC 3hp based, 15" have the Ti basket, and handles about 1500w a piece, but not much more.

I'd probably go the TC route, single 12" or 15", and use the money you save towards deadening...

critical mass UL12 ..?.. if you got a couple grand sitting around...
I haven't met anyone that's paid full retail for one. They're definitely not worth $1000; I usually see the 12" version go for around $400 used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously though, I listen to a lot of Slipknot and my 18" has no problem, even with the double kick drums, fast, hard, LOUD... just pure awesomeness that comes along with Joey.... I am just saying, you are not limited to a 12"...
Granted the OP didn't name any bands that have amazing double kick drummers... every 18" is sloppy on fast doubles. 12's are the largest someone who only listens to rock should ever get, even some of the more powerful 12's can have issues keeping up if they are built in big enclosures. To do what he wants to do; he needs 10's or 12's, small box and lots of power (relative to woofers power handling of course).

Let me clarify that some before someone goes off with it. I'm sure your 18" sounds great with Slipknot, the point is a cone that large usually involves a longer throw than a smaller sub, making it nigh impossible to do a full cycle by the time the next kick occurs. With two cones this gets worse, but sounds closer to the real thing just because of the time correction problems from one sub to the other (alleviated by using time correction). From a rocker myself, I've stuck Skinlab up on the wall at my local audio store and tested a 10", 12" and 18". There was a noticeable difference in the 18" not having a crisp note once the kicks started getting speedy. Another part of it as far as ear clarity may be due to the fact that the 18" is just moving more air, leaving for more ambient noise from things being vibrated. Again OP could get loud enough with small cones and not have this "drowning" effect caused by larger cones that build more pressure.

The only music that I listen to is 90s rock and I want to be able to feel the bass drum just as loud as you bass heads like your lows. The most frequent bands you will hear in my ride are Red Hot Chili Peppers, 311, Sublime, Rage Against the Machine. Everything I listen to is fast so I want it loud but still able to keep up with the pace of the music.
I drive a 1995 Ford Bronco. My budget is around 350 dollars.
Yet another "which subs should I get to improve my midbass" thread. I just love these.

2 15" AQ SDC's off off a 1200 would do fine, or a single HDC 15/18 off a 2200. I run HDC's and mostly listen to metal/rock and I like the punchy/tight sound of the HDC's. They're not SQ subs, but they do sound good on that type of music. And it takes a lot of cone area/power to feel kicks in the chest, so a single 12" probably won't do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C-Town

10+ year member
C-Town
Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from