What is the best mid priced SQ sub?

AsS4Ss1n
10+ year member

i read all these topics about the super subs such as the XXX and w7's etc. but what about the mid priced subs? which are the best contenders.

im talking about the price range with subs such as alpine type-r, phoenix gold xenon, kicker comp vr, mtx 800 etc. what are other good subs around the price range of these.

I made a bad choice on my first system and baught 2 audiobahn 12's and a boss 1600 watt amp,it was loud but it had absolutly NO sq.. yea i know bad choice so im ready for a new system.

im probably going to be running 2 12's

also opinions on a proper amp to run the speakers.

i think im going to stick with getting 2 12's most likely in a sealed box unless i get someone to build me a nice ported one. ive been reading these forums for awhile and have collected much information on this RE brand. so the SE's would be alot better then say two alpine type-r's? also do they perform decent in a sealed enclosure? my price range is flexible im justtrying not to spend to much money on the subs and amp because i have to buy all new components and amp them and a new HU so i need to be able to afford the other necesities. also would it be worth it to dish out the extra money and get like 2 10" l5's? or are the se's close enough

ok scratch the l5 idea. so far the best setup sounds to be 2 se's or the lethal injections. im not really familiar with IA, doin some research.. also would a brutus 1500 be good for these setups?

I don't know if you can still find them but i got my phoenix gold titaniums for 120 each (shipped), and i would put them against type R's any day. I've heard that the xenon's (which replaced the Ti's and are also very cheap on ebay) sound even better than the Ti's. I think they would be worth taking a look at.

Check out the Soundsplinter RL-i 12”. They cost $165 individually, or $300 for a pair. It is an exact replica of TC Sounds’ TC2+ driver, which is well-known for its SQ, and is one of the lowest-distortion drivers on the market (Link).

Also look into the Image Dynamics ID and IDQ series, the OZ Matrix Elite (IDMax wannabe), Arc Audio subs, and if you don't mind dual 10's look into the Adire Koda10 - XBL^2 motor, Brahma's little brother

Koda 10's are the best mid priced sub made today. Too bad they only come in 10" and are at the high end of the mid priced range. A three Koda-10 setup would be very very sweet though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.