what is good cheap deadner now.

[quote name='papermaker']Sound deadner showdown.
End of story[/QUOTE]

This or Second Skin

[quote name='Lbetts818']Sound Deadening (CLD) Testing - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

If you jump to the end there's a good bit of info. Yes there's options that get expensive and there's best better good and ok. The Noico for the price is the best "cheap" deadner for the op if he's just looking for flat out I want deadner but want to spend as little as possible. Now since I've owned(own and installing in my truck now) multiple brands my personal opinion is save for a extra week or two and get the stinger. Just because it's expensive, aka crecendo murdermat, does not mean it's good. Now there's a lot of guys that will let pride get in the way and say product a is the best because that's what I bought......There's a ton of options but without getting sidetracked and a strict "budget" brand you can't beat Noico per dollar per sq ft. Now yes there is second skin bstock and etc....but op's point from what I assume is he's on a budget and not looking to spend over 3-400$ on deadner.

I did it for you since all the other garbage mentioned sucks.
Where is @JohnKuthe to throw out secondskin pro just to blow up a thread when it's not what op is looking for.[/QUOTE]

I did it for you. All the other stuff mentioned blows. Deadening isnt cheap and there is a right and wrong way to do it. Just applying deadener is not the correct way to do it.

Wasn't saying second skin is bad. And while the stuff may be low end op said budget and assumed he ment cheapest out there. For sure there's awesome stuff and correct ways to do everything. Would be helpful if op shot us some details and goals.

Wasn't saying second skin is bad. And while the stuff may be low end op said budget and assumed he ment cheapest out there. For sure there's awesome stuff and correct ways to do everything. Would be helpful if op shot us some details and goals.
Doing deadener cheaply and incorrectly costs more time and money in the end and an unhappy and frustrated person. Buy decent shit and do it right the first time.

Where is @JohnKuthe to throw out secondskin pro just to blow up a thread when it's not what op is looking for.

I've been too busy doing important stuff and not hanging around here lately. Like NOT buying gasoline what with driving my Nissan Leaf 100% ELECTRIC car! :) And it has a decent enough stock system with some little subs in the doors I think. Of course NOT nearly as cool as Baby II's 12" sub, four Alpine 6x9 and two PHD 5.25: with separate tweeters! Yowsa!! Whenever I drive Baby II I remember how good that audio system sounds!

OB sound deadener commentary: Yeah I bought a 50 foot roll of BQuiet before I heard about Second Skin's Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro!! Wish I woujld have bought more Damplifier Pro, but I had my installer guy install some of the BQuiet to deaden everything we could, basically! Probably a good part of why she sounds so cool!

John Kuthe...

Don't know op's budget but I'm going to try some ampere audio 160mil vibraflex I've heard nothing but great things about it
Ashfault based... if the sun hits it on a body panel and heats it up,it turns into mushy rubber and doesn't help deaden at all. No thanks!!

Anything asphalt based is garbage. Not only does it smell, it also doesnt work properly. Butyl adhesive is the best as it converts vibrations in the panel into heat and the heat is dissipated through the metal layer.

Just out of curiosity. OP. What are you running system wise? There's no point buying the best deadner for a lower end system and if your running something bigger I would save and get something worth while. ^^that knu looks beast but if your running like a kicker comp 12 there's not a huge need. a quick rundown of what you have and a budget would awesome and we could really offer good options. Because my budget vs yours vs someone else will always be different. What may be budget for some of the heavy hitters here is sometime the high end of what someone else may be able to afford. It's all dependent of what your needs and available funds are.
It wont be a lower end system. I replacing the factory 3 way in my Volvo. Doors from the factory are pretty solid. Behind the door panel is a large metal sheet that the regulators are attached to. The speakers also bolt into that large factory panel. I will deaden that and parts of the actual door behind it. Havent decided on speakers yet, but looking at everything from Focal, Hertz, Dayton and other raw drivers. I have two JL amps from my last install but may swap them out for something newer and more effeicient (JL 300/2 and 300/4) like some of the newer class D amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.