what is eq effect on kenwood x991

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gadgeteer123
10+ year member

In my eq settings on my kenwood excelon x991 there is a option at the bottom to turn effect on or off. But it doesn't seem to do anything. The eq works the same with it on or off. There is a effect option at the bottom of all 4 bands. I would like to know what this effect is?

I have read the manual over and over again and it doesn't say anything about this effect option, that is why I am asking you guys. Trust me I've looked hard in the manual its not in there.

what are you tring to accomplish? i have my tweeters on the front channel so i have no clue what it does..

as far as im concerned you don't need it.. you have xovers than are 12-18 and 24db slopes from 40 to 250. capible of crossing any driver except a tweeter and at that it has a tweeter option which creats a 6db octate slope at 5k..

ill look throught my manual but i think that the above reply is correct..

its really nothing that need be used.. if you adjust the Q properly and use the proper frequency it will work fine.. they done it because id Its abit more accurate EQing and it supposed to sound warmer boosting the center and lower part of the selected frequency.. honestly if you want a good EQ with the deck Id suggest looking into the audio control EQ/xovers.. the head is more so simply a set of excellent pre-amp outputs.. it has 3 dacs one for the front rear and woofer.. they just gave you some neat functional sound shaping incase you chose not to invest into external processing..

if you have more questions ill help you with it as i does have alot of features that aren't well explained..

whats your setup consist of?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.