What Is Bi-Amping?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sungwei
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
lkj
I've heard of the term Bi-amp/Bi-amping. What is this? How is it done? What are the benefits/drawbacks? I have a set of components driven by a multi-channel amp. Can I do this? Should I do this?

yeah i readin a book about it. Biamping refers to usein 2 amps per chanel instead or ur usual one amp per channel. OK u have 4 chanel amp right?????????? and u have some compents.... U need 2 seperate the drive woofer from the tweeter. And use and 2 diferent amps to push then. like one going to the tweeter and the other going to the woofer get it.

if u need further info just say so. cus i am to tired now to go into it.

if you plan to bi-amp. not only would you need seperate amps for each component, but you may also need an active crossover. the crossover that comes with most components is passive and is designed to work with a signle amp to power both the midbass and tweeter. however, you could rewire the passive crossover to work in a bi-amp application.

Oh ok, I thought it was something that could be done with one amp. I saw a thing on my crossovers that said Bridge or Bridged. I thought that might have something to do with it. Guess not. Ok cool. Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.