What is a good amp

People that describe what sort of power they need in a 4 channel by telling us the need XXX total power sound like the flea market brands that add all the max ratings up and slap it on an amp so kids can feel cool when they say they have a 2000 watt amp /rant

How else would you know what to recommend if you don't know what I'm looking for? You don't buy tires without knowing what size you need do you? I also put in my post what I'm trying to replace. I'm not just looking to say look at me I have blah blah watts. I'm wanting to replace something I already have with what is available in the market today.

You could also buy my PPI A404 amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Good OS sq

For that range, i would probably take a look at some oldschool amps. That way you can find top notch brands and quality for very low prices. likely used but as long as it works.

I am looking for a good 4 channel amp around the $200 to $250 range.
Reasonable $ range.

If new, then the MB Quart already mentioned, plus Lanzar OPTI's or Massive Audio Nx4.

If used... ? Lots of possibilities for that money

EDIT: lol, get called away for a minute and 2 posters beat me to it

For a little under $200 I highly recommend this: Amazon.com: MB Quart ONX4.125 1000W RMS, ONYX Series 4-Channel Amplifier: Car Electronics
It gives immaculate power with decent quality for almost any price range, but only costs $170. Also can be bridged @ 4 ohms 500w x 2

THIS^^ Hard to beat in the price range. I wouldn't compare it to overall quality of those punch amps though but nonetheless. You might get lucky and find a used Arc Audio Kar300.4 for around 250. That would be a good option.

I'm running it to two 3-way truck boxes with 12 inch subs. The 400 watts I'm looking for is total watts into 4 channels. That way when I bridge it I'll get a little over 200 per channel.

I have searched google and there are hundreds of amps that are out there. I thought I would come to a site that had people who could give me some real knowledge and info instead of some manufacturers bs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.