What good is an 18" sub?

venom107
10+ year member

The Graveyard Shift
All I've ever heard about 18's is that they are pretty much good for nothing especially SQ. I know they must get really low on the bass notes, but are they really good for anything? In order to port them they use up at least 3 cubes of space so is it worth it, or are they good for nothing?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

i said heard of, not heard* ive heard of a 18" kicker comp i think, but i could only imagine the "brown noise" that would make... the solo X, bla.. i dunno about many, maybe an mtx, but once again blah... good luck with ur search...

i had a fosgate 18. it was in the back of my eclipse with 4.5 cuft. sealed..but it did ok in the sq dept. but not as good as some **** i have heard...but in the spl it was loud as fuk..if i had enough room for a big ass sealed tuned to like 35 hz it would be bad ass..i will never own an 18 again..but one of the things i liked about it is every one who saw it was like is that a 15..i was like nope its an 18 and they would freak out...it was a big croud gatherer...i have heard many of them in comps and in just cars playing regular music...but i know a guy who had one and it was punchier than a 10..serious and it went lower than anything i have ever heard...

D

Originally posted by biggen_bd go with the stroker it is a mind blowing bass machine! It will blow the pants off of just about any other sub! They are huge!!!
hmm, I'd rather take one off to make 17", and try the DD9917 instead. I'd put my money on the DD's.

Originally posted by snova031 I wouldn't...
stroker gets louder?

I've seen an array of strokers get loud, not one or two. I've seen a single or triple DD's get monster loud. Maybe that's why. ALso, I've not seen any amps in real life that can take what the DD did...3200w RMS per sub. scary...

ok, gotta get ready for my interview now..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.