what enclosure would be louder and sound better

pcchris
10+ year member

'm trying to decide whether to get a wall (clamshell)

or box subs up port back flared aero ports

i'm in an 02 suburban

and with the proper wall can i make my truck flex all around or just the front end

i have 4 hdc3 18's copper on the way.....

and what should i tune to in that model suburban i want to move some air and be loud 35 hz 38hz tell me what will bang and get low......

and what can i tell my installer to do to my enclosure that normally isn't done like tell me about 45's and that stuff they coat the walls of the box with i think its fiber glass resin.....

but over all i want that carrying bass where i can flex and people can hear me thundering under freeways and tunnels

also should i sound deaden?

will it help or hurt my sound?

also what places should i deaden especially for people who have experience with suburbans........

**** brotha i guess you wanna pound huh?..haha..you should hit up ^^^^^^^^ MOBEIOUS for tips on enclosures he the man for that..i heard alot of good things about him

yeah i wanted a wall from the get im doing this setup with my uncle who got me into walls and hasnt seen one since his teen years....he claimed peoples bass was way deeper and they had walls of 6 18's back in the day running on sherwood 70/70's and he had a wall with 8 12"s in a W box in '92 pushed by i think lanzar optis with some white face 6x9's

he tells me walls can get louder than boxes so i was like since the back seat is going either way might as well wall it off.....

im just wondering will i get low with the 38-40hz tuning recommendations on the hdc3's ive never seen a recommendation like that but this is my first run with this grade of a speaker i usually go to the flea and buy a pallet or so of quantums and sit them in my garage and wait for the ones im using to cook and i replace......(for real i did that for 2 yrs straight going in circles shopping for subs in the flea market _ but now im LEARNED AND READY!) (yeah i know im country)

but any way i want to be close to doing if not doing what this guy is doing

but im only gonna feed em around 8,000 watts

im either going to find

2 autotek mm4000.1 (kinda wondering should i hunt them down knowing thier not in production any more and probably cant repair them)

4 bxi2608 hifonics

if i missed out on a GOOD VALUE AMP i should look into let me know its name...

oh and for yall who seen an older post of mines asking hifonics vs massive i don't care if massive audio is better i know what hifonics can do and im taking those pos p3000.1's back and feeding the hdc3's 2200w (mmmm)

any way what do you think this guy is tuned to?

can i get that deep of bass off some hdc3's i gotta be able to cuz they're on their way to my door

thats gmonks expedition.. u could easily tune those AQ in the 35hz range with the right box and get the lows nasty tunning isnt everything when it comes to the bandwidth of the box

uhm okay i have a receipt from the last 2 i purchased last night

look here don't question my realness I'm a true bass hunter

I DO THIS!!!

lolcp2.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.