What does everybody use to secure subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

yamaman
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey there I was just wandering what everyone uses to mount your subs to you mdf rings or sub box. I want sometihng that is going to be stronger then just screws so I can actaully tighten the sub down. I have an idea what I want to use but I can not remember the name of them. What they are is a peice of metal that has a meta plate on the back then a threaded tube that will go up through a hole that will be drilled thought the mdf and then the second part is like a bolt that will thread into this other peice so It will be metal threading into metal and there will be a greater surface area to distribute the pressure on the mdf. anyway if anyone knows what I am talking about can you tell me what they are and maybe a pic would be nice too. or else what do you use???? Thanx for reading this long bugger. lata

just use screws. i think what you are talking about is a butterfly screw? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

hurricane nuts or T-nuts. at the local lowe's or HD or rockler or places like that. online works too, but you gotta wait. I found some at Rockler that screwed onto the backside to prevent movement, falling out, etc. Epoxy works just as good.

I bought a 3/8" bolt and a 1/4" to test with. 3/8" wouldn't go through the sub mounting holes, but 1/4" worked well(for 12's)

yes DJ t-nuts that is what they are called thanx a million I want to use these just to be alittle safer that I don't put all my time into making a fiberglass box and end up screwing up with the mountin hardware.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.