What does a frequency multiplier on a crossover do.

Participant count
  • Participant list

calebkhill
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Mine has a 20x. So if i input something at 80hz, multiply by 20, these speakers will now only play frquencies after 1600khz.

im new to car stereo..

also, what would be a good lpf setting for subs, mids, and tweets.

my main concern is that my 6x9s distort high frequencies when the volume is up and the lows are coming through.

I still want the lows, so you can hear organs and other low sounds, but not to where it distorts when the volume is up.

Get what im saying?

Mine has a 20x. So if i input something at 80hz, multiply by 20, these speakers will now only play frquencies after 1600khz.
That's correct. The multiplier could be used for an active high pass filter for tweeters or LP for woofers.

Lowpass subs at 80.

Hipass mids at 80

Hipass tweets at whatever they're designed for.

If mids distort, raise the HPF until they don't. If that doesn't work, get better speakers.

Alright, thx.Maylar, i have the rockford t1693s, i should be able to get these right.
I have the T1 comp sets they handle decent amount of power But i have problems with vocals at high volumes Mainly women and some men vocals sound harsh and a little distorted, Could be a lot to do with my install of them though. Let me know how the 6x9's sound. I'm getting the fogate T3's 6.5's soon because of it. GL

I have the T1 comp sets they handle decent amount of power But i have problems with vocals at high volumes Mainly women and some men vocals sound harsh and a little distorted, Could be a lot to do with my install of them though. Let me know how the 6x9's sound. I'm getting the fogate T3's 6.5's soon because of it. GL
Well ill go ahead and tell you, the 6x9's sound absolutely amazing and they really dont distort at all. I blutooth with my phone, phone audio a clcik or two from max volume and my HU eitehr all the way up or a click or two from it, and my amp gains are all the way down. BUT, it those bass heavy songs in dubstep like music or when there are alot of ranges, they will start to distort when the mids start vibrating heavily.

All in all, bestdoor speakers ive ever heard, everyone so far says my system sounds amazing, and they dont distort if there arent a million ranges in the song.

But ill let you know after i install the crossover.

Rockford power series is where its at.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.