what do you think!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

quoiry

I have 90 crx and i am not really going for super spl but im almost forced to i recently installed a single Kicker 15L7 on my favorite amp the Cadence A7 which is rated to do sothing around 1500 watts int 1 ohm right now icould only afford to buy one sub and the bass is very tight but not very deep I know the box is about 4.5 cubic ft. slot ported its recomended for 6.0 and its only a dual 4 ohm speaker so the amp is only playing at half power ..........does anyone have any experiences with these square subs ....are they durable....are they eficient....are they power hungry ....is the box to small....HELP!!!

Two things u might want to try to help out the deep bottom-first, if your port is too large, you'll get good efficiency&mid-bass, but at the sacrifice of deep bass-trick is to experiment with that slot till u reach a happy medium (you're gonna have2b creative in reducing th volume of the slot/port, or do it th lazy way and stuff part of it with fiberfill). Another way is to install a couple of fat-ass good quality IRON CORE choke coils in series with each spkr v.c., somewhere bewtween 5mH and 15mH. Don't know how available these r in ur area, but look for a dc resistance of

how bout this i was reasearchin the subs around my way and everybody is tellin me to take out the garbage that kicker has never truly made a speaker that satisfiably played in a ported box how true do you think that is ! I think im going to try a 2 cubic sealed box and they say it will tighten the bass and give me what i want. what do you think !?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

quoiry

quoiry
hotmail.com
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
1714321195129.png