What do u think of earthquake amps??

MTXAudio15
10+ year member

im lookin at an Earthquake phd2 to power 2 rockford fosgate power hx2 12"s because the earthquake amp would match up perfect cause its rated at 2000x1 at 2 ohms and each of the rockfords are 1000rms. what do u think? also i saw the phd2 at outerlimitsaudio.com for $650, anyone know where i could get it cheaper??? thanx

thats where id tell ya to get it, that guys pretty good with customer service to, when he was just starting i talked to him alot.... hes cool, my guys got 3 of them and they banggggggg, i think itd be straight.....is this for comp or daily driving?

well im gunna be competing, not to seriously but just every once and a while. i ackually have 4 rockford hx2's but i just said i had 2 because im gunna be powering them the same.

they are truly some badass amps...

They can be had at the termpro.com marketplace or the shockeraudio.com forum for around 350 if you don't mind buying used....they're a dime a dozen at them two places...

and if you change the internal fuse you can run them down to 1 or even .5 ohms for burps safely and get WELL over 2000w

you want an opinion on this and i'm gonna give mine earthquake blows donkey balls in my opinion. i had a buddy of mine running 2 power HX2 15"s with that amp and it ****** horribly, a ton of distortion and engine noise in the amp and just overheated constantly. that is what earthquake is known for though great products if they run perfectly they get a little messed up and goodbye. MTXAudio15 your going to run 2 of those amps and 4 power HX2's for a daily driver?? are you freaking insane your talking 4000wrms in a daily driver?? just a question b/c i thought that's what you said but i may have misread it, hope you got a 200+amp alternator and some great battery.

keep it thumpin,

adam

hmm lemme think about that no your wrong. amps make distortion and engine noise you moron. next thing your going to say not all subs distort even a little bit.

adam

people who use those amps dont care about distortion, or the shouldnt because those amps are pwoer crazy and are pretty much only used in dbdrags because they sound pretty bad. my freind had one of those going to some audiobahn sub and it hit really high spl wise, butwhen the comp was over he took it out because he knew it sounded bad. and yes the amps do make the distortion and the lower ohm level you go on those amps, the worse it sounds, if you wanna be loud as hell get it, but if you want to drive with it daily dont, get something smaller, maybe some fosgate or jbl stuff. crossfire makes some nice amps to.

Originally posted by CeeDub If you're not a RETARD about how you install your crap you won't have distortion or engine noise jackass
you really have no idea about this amp.. so I'd hush now before the wrath falls down on you... lol

The phd2 uses a Harris Class D IC, which allows a good amout of efficiency, and a THD spec to match. In a recent test, the Distortion number at full power 2 ohm, neared 5%, which is clearly evident to anyone whose paying attention, its not a clean amp, and is only truly suited to SPL installs...

It was noted previously that you can switch out the fuse on the outputs, to get more power, and 1 ohm usage. This is the only way to get 2000 watts from one.. period. In the same above mentioned test.. it never got above 1820 watts, resistive, and reactive loaded..

Loyd L.

unless your "special" bigbassman is right they sound even worse with ported fosgates which sounds gurthy muddy and when you meter it its very mundane...2 hx2 15's with a phd2 got smoked at a local comp here by one l7 15 and on a kicker 1200 and 2 shocker 15's with a memphis mojo by more than 2 db... he took third but 147.? isnt that awesome for that kind of set up. the l7 was an out-of-towner imo not a street class car but put in there

Originally posted by MTXAudio15 im lookin at an Earthquake phd2 to power 2 rockford fosgate power hx2 12"s because the earthquake amp would match up perfect cause its rated at 2000x1 at 2 ohms and each of the rockfords are 1000rms. what do u think? also i saw the phd2 at outerlimitsaudio.com for $650, anyone know where i could get it cheaper??? thanx
Highly unimpressive, very unclean in build quality, not very reliable, very poor customer service...

I owned one for a year and a half... I was completely unimpressed...

And you'll never hit that 2000x1 with a stock unit at a regular voltage...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.