what do u guys think of these?

Waste of MONEY, I have Audiobahn comp (the nicer series than that), and I wish I had someone to tell me not to get those... the other guys on here will give you suggestions...

I forgot to mention why they are a waste of money. Shitty low end bass response and not a flat curve by any means, and they don't take the power very gracefully, I'm sure they'll take it, but the really do start sounding like ass when the get loud, they get that poppy "I don't want to go that far sound"

ahhhhhhhhh thanx for tellin me, im not much of an audiobahn fan, but my friends loves it. he only buys audiobahn and swears by it. thought i'd give it a try but at the same time i dotn want to just spend $100 to try something that i'll be so overly disappointed with. so any recommendations?

infinity kappa, CDT CL-62CF, LJ 6.5's (dunno the model name), RE RE 6.5 comps, ID comps... there are alot of good comp sets out there, why not do a search in this 'speaker' forum using words like 'recommend' 'recommendations' 'what do you think'

aslo try looking at peoples signatures who have lots of posts. see what THEY are using, and research REASEARCH !!!RESEARCH!!!

definitely not... my old asst mgr at circuit city bought these cuz he was too impatient to order a set i told him 2... they sounded HORRIBLE... tweeters popped and mids were very muddy sounding... with only 50W rms going to them... they sounded so bad...

I don't flame Audiobahn like everyone else. I had an Audiobahn A6004T amp and I was pleased. I have seen the higher model of Audiobahn speakers..They can get loud but the Sound Quality leaves some to be desired. I agree with the Alpine choice

welll you all have been of great help, and i was thinkin bout the type r's as well, maybe even the entry level type x's, also i can get the kappa perfect components for bout 150. and yes i have looked at alot of peoples sigs, their components tend to be a bit pricey. CDT's would be nice but way out of my range and im currently putting alot of money down for the bx1500d plus new wires. i currently have the x200.4 powering my 6.5 inifinity references all around. i just want a good set to replace where it will be worth it but not costing to much and still have room to sound even better if once i give it more power. one of the reasons i was leaning towards the audiobahn's was because they can take 120 rms. But i guess power isnt everything.

ALSO..One thing that tricked me on the AUDIOBAHNS is that thier RMS ratings are for the Pair!!!Not EACH...

so in actuality it's 60 watts per side!

I Went to a Award winning audio shop once and they call infinity's the KRAPPA PERFECTS..but I like thier subs

Thats true about Audiobahn..They mention it on thier website but it's hidded in the most frequently asked question page and is like 5 questions down..I think thats a big NO NO..Some people can get real confused with that rating!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.