What do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xowner
10+ year member

I just had a new Sony headunit installed in my Nissan Xterra and there's a slight probelm. The volume only goes half-way before maxing out. The installer said I need some special " wire " or connection piece ($60) to fix it and this problem is due to the make of the car being Nissan. Any other HU would have the same result with the volume. If I was to install my amp and sub right now when adjusting the sub through the HU the other speakers would adjust with it. At the time the installer didn't know the name of the part I need but he did know it would cost $60 for the part and $20 labor.

Any idea what part I need?

I got it installed at a local car audio shop that is pretty well known ( Rudy's Car Audio ).

The installer pointed that Nissan's have this problem due to the stereo's that they put in them. My factory HU was a 6-disc indash changer that had steering wheel controls. I knew that the steering wheel controls are lost with the aftermarket HU but that was no big deal.

Well I was thinking about it...and why get a line converter if you already have RCA outs...

Just go to radio shack and get some rca heads

Put one on each channel of your front spearkers and connect them to your front RCA outs

If it works and sounds as it shoould...do the same for the back (if your having the problem back there as well)

IF it doesnt work for whatever reason they cost you probably $1.50

The box thing would only be needed for a headunit with no preamps out

I dont even remember being on drugs last night...must have been good though

This worked for my gf's nissan...but im not not totaly sure if it will for you. Though I assume it's the same problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.