What do I buy

CodyDaGoat

OR
I have 2 15" subs and my amp is 1500W rms. If I use them for a while, my battery voltage drops and my air bag light comes on. I was thinking about buying a HO alternator but they are very expensive and out of my budget. I was looking online and was thinking about upgrading to a high capacity battery. If I bought like lets say a Optima redtop, will it help out a lot more so I dont have to go through the cost of buying a HO alternator? Thanks in advance

yeah what he said and get agm starting batt at advance 1st., much better than either one of the optima's and cheaper in most cases (get on website save like 20% they still install it) if u haven't done big 3 wires u need that..

What amp and subwoofers? What is your battery voltage dropping to?
2 SUndown SA 15s and a Pioneer GMd9601 Amp. Battery usually drops to 13.7 or so but when I use them long enough it drops as low as 9

2 SUndown SA 15s and a Pioneer GMd9601 Amp. Battery usually drops to 13.7 or so but when I use them long enough it drops as low as 9
thats not 1500rms but yeah maybe agm batt and big 3 wires will help.. what ga wire do u have to amp?

4g

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

thats not 1500rms but yeah maybe agm batt and big 3 wires will help.. what ga wire do u have to amp?
I just need to know if Ill really need to spend tons on a HO alternator or will a new battery work

4g 

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

I just need to know if Ill really need to spend tons on a HO alternator or will a new battery work
thats what i have and i have 900rms if u go above 1k u need 2, 1 or 0ga wire.. since as u said ho alt is costly i'd do batt and wires 1st, big 3 normally needed above 1100-1200.. if u have bass boost on hu or amp turn that down.. what do u have gain set at?

Gain is about 3 quarters of the way up and I turn the bass knob up quite a biot because thats what I like it and I like to be heard. The subs are v3s which can handle 1500RMS so I have the amp up high as it's only 1200

If it's dropping to 9v then the amp should be shutting off and going into protect. The alternator must be really small. Upgrade the main battery to an agm then add a second agm battery.

Alternator is 150Amp. It only dropped to 9 one single time for a fews econds but now its dropping to a good 10 for a while
yeah 9v to low replace batt agm then big 3 then bigger wire to amp, see how it is after that.. how many volts u have at battery at idle?

Battery has 14.1 volts until subs come on, then it slowlty drops to 13.5 for a bit then randomly drops to 10 fast
my agm batt has 13v with car off, i have 125amp alt.. get advance to test batt tell them u want a load test, when they tell u turn on lights and ac turn on stereo too., see how many volts and amps batt has my old 850amp only showed 520 amps that was biggest problem.. now mine only drops to like 13.6v at full tilt and i haven't done big 3 wires.. my battery was like $136 after online discount.. after they test it order batt online and let them install it..

my agm batt has 13v with car off, i have 125amp alt.. get advance to test batt tell them u want a load test, when they tell u turn on lights and ac turn on stereo too., see how many volts and amps batt has my old 850amp only showed 520 amps that was biggest problem.. now mine only drops to like 13.6v at full tilt and i haven't done big 3 wires.. my battery was like $136 after online discount.. after they test it order batt online and let them install it..
ok

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CodyDaGoat

CodyDaGoat
OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BOOMINGRANDPA