what do everyone here drive?

Originally posted by jlaine I'm used to driving 400+ HP '68 camaros, that is neither here nor there... The suspension 'upgrades' to the WS6 make it ride like a pin is shoved up your posterior, and the added hard ride doesn't justify the lack of signifigant handling ability over the more standard forumla package. I cannot justify 5+ grand for an extra ~30hp, and some minor suspension upgrades and shiny rims. Can you?

It was a 2002 WS6, I should know as I was driving it... Right off the lot.

I agree

The trend is toward aerodynamics... But I agree

This is the second time I'm going to reiterate this point... I'm getting tired of being questioned on my own vehicle, with the parts I bought myself.

Suspension components are CHEAP. Even good ones are CHEAP. I can do my entire car for under 1k

Exhaust? You can't even touch 1k for an exhaust, you could if you purchased headers, but the hassle to install them is really not worth the gain right at this point in my opinion.

What's left? Yup... "ram air"

I'll add that with a different style hood, if I ever feel like it.
let me end our discussion like this...we both agree on certain parts..as to what u spent on mods, i apologize. i didn't think u could upgrade ur suspension for that, i'll do more homework next time.

i didn't/ don't think the ws-6 exhaust sounds like a bumblebee, but that is a personal opinion...that is why the sarcastic v-6 comment ..

but the end result is this..due to the v-6's looking like the v-8's u get two things..a "girlie" car..but ,in ur case, a "sleeper"..which is anything but girlie...YET...hehe..in ur last pic it still looks like a sunfire...hehe..but that is just meant in good humor

fair enuff jlaine?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but ur a camaro guy...another "girlie" car..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

they aren't bad..just not aggressive enuff for me.

Originally posted by mrray13 but ur a camaro guy...another "girlie" car..hehe

they aren't bad..just not aggressive enuff for me.
600hp, 500lb.-ft. torque, 502+ cubic inches...girlie? Nuh unh lol. Maybe in the stock version, girlie...but nah, I dont see it lol.

- Steve

wow 502 yummy..... the only camaro's that girls buy are usually the v-6 ones... thats the reason they offered it.... most of the people who buy the v-8's are the guys..... just coz a hot girl would look nice in a camaro, firebird, or a mustang, doesnt mean its a girlie car..... a new beetle however, now that's a girlie car..... heheh sorry for vdub owners....

if i were to rank them though, i would put 1)03 cobra 2) camaro ss 3) ws-6 and its also ranked by speed except 2 and 3

all int the driver man hehehe jkjk.... arent grand am's supercharged? if so you'll be way more than 110..... is it auto or manual? well just try to keep your rpms up to see how fast you can go.... try running normally on 1-2-3 then redlining or hit the rev limiter on 4th then go to fith and see if it goes more..... if you're auto, run normally on 1-2 then redline or hit the limiter on third then go to 4th..... its better to run normally on lower gears so your transmition wont be as hot so you might get a litte bit more speed in them....especially auto.....

Originally posted by GrandAmGT omfg hah....

now with no upgrades on the engine-how fast do u think my 97 grand am gt will go?

110?
with a stock ga gt......the 'puter should shut it off at 105 or so...get rid of the mph limiter..u should see 120 +/- 5 mph easy. well, maybe not easy, but u get what i thinkin...

and steve...no a 502 is not girlie...v-6 chumparo's are ..so too v-6 chickens...'cept the 88? turbo bird, still the quickest firebird to date....gn motor minus intercooler= quick.

69 chubvelle with 502....mucho machismo

67 L-88 w/ 427 rat motor..tri-powered bad a$$

and the list goes on and on

eleanor

70 hemi anything..whoaaaaaa

almost as many ltrs in one cylinder then most ricers whole engine....hehe

my neon is limited at 118mph, i've had it there...rpms are about 5,000 so i could hit maybe 130 w/o my governor in a matter of minutes lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

naws

10+ year member
naws
edison, nj
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from