What did I do wrong in my tweeter installation?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdubin94

Miami
I just bought a pair of tweeters because my stock ones gave out. Even though I have relatively no electrical experience what so ever, I decided to try and install them myself. I took of the door panel that I needed to and saw that the tweeter is connected and powered through two wires.. My new tweeters also have two wires. So what I decided to do, which seemed to be the only thing I could do, was to splice the wires together, simply by twisting them around each other. When I turned on the radio and tested them, they worked.. but when the radio was off, I heard a significantly loud hissing noise. I did a little research and I guess this isn't uncommon. Except a lot of people said they noticed it when they put their ear close. I didn't have to put my ear anywhere near the tweeter to hear the noise. So with that being said, why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Listen, I'm a complete ******* noob when it comes to car audio. I have relatively zero freaking clue as to whats going on or what is being said in these threads. Can someone please help me and tell me everything I need to know when it comes to installing these **** tweeters. It would be much appreciated.

Listen, I'm a complete ******* noob when it comes to car audio. I have relatively zero freaking clue as to whats going on or what is being said in these threads. Can someone please help me and tell me everything I need to know when it comes to installing these **** tweeters. It would be much appreciated.
put a 2.2np nonpolarized capacitor inline on the positive lead side

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.