What DD components do I have?

Participant count
  • Participant list

yfzracr

Ok so long story short. I've been out of the car audio game for quite some time. I picked this set of DD DDC6.5's up in 2008 I believe and never used them. I've decided to put a very mild setup in my new truck and plan on using these. There is only one problem.

I can't find the papers that came in the box. I've been searching and searching and every set of DDC6.5's I am coming up with have something different about them whether it be the speakers, the tweeters or the crossovers.

The main thing I am needing is the specs on these exact ones. Trying to figure out what amp I need to run to push these.

See pics below

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

[/color]
speaker3_zps605b9c9e.jpg

speaker_zpsfa9960d1.jpg

speaker2_zpsf00f4c71.jpg

it's not that vital you know the specs for your specific drivers. the amp you get will be driven by your budget, pay more, get more quality. amplifier power ratings are near useless since there is no standard for documenting them (CEA is decent but still not enough IMO).

i've heard amps rated 50W per channel sound better and louder than amps rated 150W per channel. the difference is THD and what THD they amp produces at rated power (THD specs may not be at rated power if they don't state it).

Boston Acoustics GT-2200 is a nice amp for the price and would run a set of speakers very well. They are getting harder to find.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.