What could cause...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slayerx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Sacramento
...Both my amps to cut out, and make it sound like my cd is skipping?

My speaker and sub amp will both cut out together. I have one set of RCA's from my HU to my XA2000, and a set from the XA2000 to my XA1000. Recently they will both cut out, seeming completely randomly, so I cant see if they're going into protect. They are both grounded to a distribution block with a few inches of 8ga, which is then grounded with a 2.5 ft run of 4ga. They are powered with 4ga which is distributed into

I've checked everything, and all connections are good. I'm wondering if it could be my HU?

Or could my XA2000 go into protect, and the signal not be sent to my XA1000? I coulda swore it was unbuffered, so wouldn't it still go through though?

Could the RCA be messed up somewhere inside the wire where it could intermittently cut out?

There's too much little stuff to check, anyone able to point me into the right direction knowing that it sounds like my CD is skipping and the fact both amps cut out exactly together?

how is the remote wire on the back of your deck?
oooh, good question. That I'll have to check. Also, I know it's been talked about alot, and the consensus says it is ok to run at least 2 amps from the head unit without an external remote turn on, but is it still possible that has something to do with it?

oooh, good question. That I'll have to check. Also, I know it's been talked about alot, and the consensus says it is ok to run at least 2 amps from the head unit without an external remote turn on, but is it still possible that has something to do with it?
yeah its alright. you need hardly any power to turn on a amp. i am sure that is not the issue. i just think it could be lose.

Sounds like a loose remote or possibly a bad plug on the RCA output on the HU. of course you know why both amps are doing it cause they are jumped.
Well it is hailing like crazy out, so i don't know if I'll be able to take a look since I don't have a garage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I am leaning towards the outputs on the HU. Everything else looks fine. Think I wanna switch out the RCA's first before I have to shell out money on a HU, just in case it them, since they are kinda cheap

Well it is hailing like crazy out, so i don't know if I'll be able to take a look since I don't have a garage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gifI am leaning towards the outputs on the HU. Everything else looks fine. Think I wanna switch out the RCA's first before I have to shell out money on a HU, just in case it them, since they are kinda cheap
Good ides. Its hailing there? Usually your weather follows what I have an I had no hail this morning. Crazy weather.

Good ides. Its hailing there? Usually your weather follows what I have an I had no hail this morning. Crazy weather.
lol ya, way crazy. Now the sun is out and everyone's roofs and the asphalt is steaming like crazy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.