What could cause speakers to get quieter???

I thought that this (and phasing) created a harsh noise, not a quieter sound..
Harsh noise ?

Having the speakers wired out of phase could cause some cancellation issues, which would cause there to be decreased audible sound at certain frequencies.

Though if it happened out of the blue one day, then it probably isn't the wiring unless one of the speakers became disconnected.

Could be that one of the speakers shifted in the mounting location/screws fell out/etc.

Has he actually inspected the speakers yet?

He said he checked all of the wiring again and it is correct, and subbed one of his friends pioneers in, which had never been installed (he just got them in and didn't have time to install them yet).

Both his speaker and his friend's were weak sounding.

Possibly the amplifier in his headunit going out.

If it's a CD player, grab a test tone and measure the voltage at the speaker wires when it's playing "good" (if it ever does), then measure again when it's playing "bad" and see if there are differences in the voltage at the same volume level.

If his HU was going out, wouldn't that affect all of his channels... or just one? I don't understand why it would only be the front end...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.