Does blowing a fuse cause any damage?

Participant count
  • Participant list

some dude

I myself was once president of Algeria
I have a 60 amp fuse on my JP23. The amp is wired to 1 ohm, so it is capable of putting out 2500ish watts (on a dyno).

If I had it up loud and the fuse blew, would that be able to cause any damage the the amp? The subs?
I'm think about the violent collapse in electricity supply.

It shouldn't, it lost all power. It's not like you were trying to play em as loud as you can while underpowered. It's no different then turning off the power button on your head unit.

Not sure why you have that fuse on there though. That fuse is for the wire, so unless you have 8awg wire on that, and your amp doesn't have its own fuse, it should be sized between the amps fuse and the wire's capability.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Thanks everyone for the replies! Like I said in my first post I’m not wanting to be loud, I just would like to have a little extra bass.. I like...
It's always leaned that direction. Not sure how cheap you can really get anything done these days. Deadening and custom mounting...
You're not going to know until you test with a meter. Typically even carpeting a box as opposed to painting is going to lose a few tenths.
These are decent budget subs. The box design isn’t bad at 5 cubes for these, but I’d drop it down just a little and raise port tuning up to 32...
The correct answer is yes, you want both left and right so you get low end information from both channels. It is very common for recording...

About this thread

some dude

I myself was once president of Algeria
some dude
Virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from